PDA

View Full Version : GPU Tweak Documentation?

n|h|l|st
10-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Is there any documentation for GPU Tweak anywhere? I found a manual from 2012, but many things have changed since then.

For example:

1) What exactly does Power Target do? It doesn't increase the voltage, so am I okay in cranking it all the way up?
2) What does the Display Refresh Rate setting do?

Thanks!

Melkor
10-31-2014, 04:44 PM
At the moment I can answer Your second question but about power target You can try finding information in google as it's detailed out there for sure.

2) From my own experience don't mess with Refresh Rate setting in GPU Tweak. I have display with refresh rate at 144hz and which can be changed to 120hz, 110hz, 100hz, 60hz - when I changed 144hz to 120hz just for test something and after few days I wanted to revert it back to 144hz through Nvidia Control Panel which usually I use to do so - in there I found out I can't anymore change refresh rate as it shows me only one - 120hz. Took me quite long time to realise it was because of GPU Tweak behaviour and uninstalling fixed my problem. I use GPU tweak often and maybe I could change refresh rate with it but I don't like when application force me to use it in order to change such basic setting.

Nico67
11-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Is there any documentation for GPU Tweak anywhere? I found a manual from 2012, but many things have changed since then.

For example:

1) What exactly does Power Target do? It doesn't increase the voltage, so am I okay in cranking it all the way up?
2) What does the Display Refresh Rate setting do?

Thanks!

1/ Power Target - increases to amount of power the card can draw before it limits boost to control power levels. Check how much power you are drawing in the monitor under load, If you exceed 100% then you will see dips in boost clk. It is safe enough to increase it to 125%, but it may limit on temp or voltage as well.