PDA

View Full Version : "Speical Keys" G73JH

Vampyr3
10-31-2014, 03:48 PM
I was gifted this latop to replace my aging gaming desktop...

I did a format and wipe.. I got all drivers and everything working (other than webcam - but who cares) the only thing that is not working are 3 keys at the top of the keyboard.. (the only one that works is the one that turns the blue light on/off) the Turbo and other one is not working...

I've installed the ATKACPI driver from asus (as I fiugred that would be the ones) but nothing..

Anyone have any idea as to what will make these work?

thanks!

air2air
11-05-2014, 05:25 PM
I had the same problem. Download and install the utility Power4Gear Hybrid and reinstall the ATKACPI driver. After that, the "middle-key" should run. :) I have to say, I got no idea what should the third key do. Those three keys aren't much important anyway. :)

air2air
11-22-2014, 09:02 PM
I found out something interesting yesterday, one of those "Special keys" - the second one, in the middle, can be used for the "Express Gate" utility. It's an utility, which provides fast access on the Internet. When you turn off your PC and forget to do something online, you can use this utility instead of starting an OS again. :)

Express Gate utility can be downloaded here:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=110&m=ExpressGate&os=30&hashedid=n%2fa