PDA

View Full Version : G750js Vertical line issues

AstralandArcane
11-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi Guys,

I recently got a G750js and had the vertical line issue with the screen that a number of users have described. I sent a message to Asus support who told me to update me drivers and BIOS (which I have already done) and if that didn't work to take it to a service center.

Has anyone had any luck in solving this issue? From reading around the internet I'm still not even sure if this is a driver issue or hardware?

hmscott
11-01-2014, 04:10 AM
Hi Guys,
I recently got a G750js and had the vertical line issue with the screen that a number of users have described. I sent a message to Asus support who told me to update me drivers and BIOS (which I have already done) and if that didn't work to take it to a service center.
Has anyone had any luck in solving this issue? From reading around the internet I'm still not even sure if this is a driver issue or hardware?

AstralandArcane, several people that sent their laptops in to get the Vertical Lines resolved, reported it fixed :)

Several people who tried to swap their bad one for a new one with the same vendor got bad screens too - it seems to be a problem with the hardware interface drivers to the screen that occurs in a production run at times.

A couple of people thought it was the screen and replaced their screens several times, and the lines were always there - suggesting it was a problem with the support electronics, not the screen itself.

One person reported replacing the screen and it changed the level of the lines for them, and it was acceptable.

The best fix seems to be to send it to Asus for a fix. They know what the problem looks like, and they will fix it so it doesn't show up any longer. I don't know if they replace the motherboard, daughter card, or individual parts but I know the reports are that it comes back without the vertical lines.

Even if you think you can fix it yourself, it doesn't make sense to expend cost and effort, and potential loss of warranty coverage - given that Asus fixes the problem for free under warranty.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry - I would attach a zip file of photo';s showing the problem, and text that supports that you did the updates they suggested - all to expedite the correct fix / solution.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

AstralandArcane
11-01-2014, 05:16 AM
Thanks!