PDA

View Full Version : G750JX Keyboard Not Responding

hameli2009
11-02-2014, 05:05 AM
Hello, I am not sure if anyone can help me with this, I bought the G750JX laptop 4 months while traveling is was working great up until last week, my keyboard just stopped responding to any entry, I have managed to reset my laptop to factory setting whipping all the data in the process :mad: in hope to rectify the problem, but the issue is still there and I can't seem to understand why it won't respond, tried uninstalling it and rebooting it will work for like 10 entries and seize up again with no respond, please help and customer support center for Asus is useless.

i appreciate any tips

TotalONE
11-02-2014, 11:02 PM
If i was you, i would take it apart and see if keyboard cable connected to the motherboard.
I had same issue with g75.

hmscott
11-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Hello, I am not sure if anyone can help me with this, I bought the G750JX laptop 4 months while traveling is was working great up until last week, my keyboard just stopped responding to any entry, I have managed to reset my laptop to factory setting whipping all the data in the process :mad: in hope to rectify the problem, but the issue is still there and I can't seem to understand why it won't respond, tried uninstalling it and rebooting it will work for like 10 entries and seize up again with no respond, please help and customer support center for Asus is useless. i appreciate any tips

hameli2009, you are still under warranty, so you can send in your G750JX to Asus for service.

The keyboard and connecting cables are under the top of the laptop, which lifts up on the side with the screen - you need to unbolt and remove the screen to lift/tilt the top - this isn't easy and unless you have done such work many times before, I wouldn't attempt it on your own. You may need to follow the cable routed under the motherboard, and need to remove more case parts to reach it.

The plug end for the cable should be solidly connected, it clicks in, if there is something intermittent, it is likely a cable or component failure that you can't fix on your own, without ordering parts and doing work you shouldn't need to be doing on your own.

You paid Asus to provide a reliable laptop, and have a warranty - 1, 2, 3 years for them to fix it for free. :)

https://vip.asus.com <==

Create a login, register your G750JX, and file a Technical Inquiry asking for help debugging the problem - clearly state in short clear sentences - they are likely natively in a different language than ours - what you have done and already tried to fix on your own - and ask for an RMA to fix the problem.

And please let us know what they say and how it works out :)