PDA

View Full Version : ROG G751JT Subwoofer doesn't work.

B_Perks13
11-05-2014, 02:47 AM
Checked the drivers, checked the ROG audio wizard. It doesn't work. :(

hmscott
11-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Checked the drivers, checked the ROG audio wizard. It doesn't work. :(

B_Perks13, did you check the Configuration for speakers, don't set Full Range for the R/L speakers.

And, check the level for the Subwoofer in the Sound Control panel - try the slider all the way down while listening, then all the way up to see if you can tell a difference.

Also, it might be a subtle signal on some playback - try different material.

B_Perks13
11-05-2014, 03:41 AM
I went through all of the settings that I know about. I did as suggested and removed the full-range setting. I tried sliding the bar and there is no difference. Only the front speakers are working. I placed my ear next to the sub woofer and did not hear anything. I tried multiple media platforms, youtube, music, movie. Same sound from all of them. I'm pretty sure I have a hardware issue.

toronto699
11-05-2014, 03:51 AM
would there happen to be a 5.1 speaker setting somewhere in the in the audio settings ? if so try it

B_Perks13
11-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Tried that as well, went from stereo, quadraphonic to the 5.1 setting and there was no difference. As I said, besides opening up the back of the machine and looking for a loose wire. I've literally tried everything I can think of. Even searched the internet myself for a better driver. Nothing.

I'm going to just use the speakers I have via the headphone jack and look into repair options. I took it out of the box today.

I've also placed a support request on the Asus repair page. See if they have any other ideas to try. As it is, I'm assuming I'm going to have to send it somewhere.

toronto699
11-05-2014, 03:58 AM
audio card chip and driver u have now please , also could u find windows "speaker properties" "advanced " and try the speaker test if we cannot find a solution ull have to send it away for weeks

B_Perks13
11-05-2014, 04:05 AM
Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{4ea878a0-864f-4cce-b188-720fd65fc96c} was configured.

Driver Name: AudioEndpoint.inf
Class Guid: {C166523C-FE0C-4A94-A586-F1A80CFBBF3E}

I think this is the information you need? I'm not sure if the audio card chip is listed in that info.

toronto699
11-05-2014, 04:09 AM
go to device manager click on the little ">" by the speaker in sound video game controllers tell me what that says in device manager

B_Perks13
11-05-2014, 04:15 AM
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Miracast Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek High Definition Audio

toronto699
11-05-2014, 04:19 AM
you bought the laptop today where ? if u bought it to day bring it back to store they must have a 7 to 10 day return policy , your audio card chip is Realtek High Definition Audio what does the receipt say about return policy

B_Perks13
11-05-2014, 04:21 AM
I preordered it through Newegg. They are currently out of stock, so they wont be able to fulfill a return on the item at this time. I'm making due with my bose speakers, but still. Bummer having a hardware issue out of the box.

toronto699
11-05-2014, 04:35 AM
http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax type in your laptop g751jt in the box try to reinstall the driver if u want to there is only one audio driver Version 6.0.1.7335 dated 2014/09/18 if not just send it for repair to asus . when u install a new audio driver u have to reset your audio and speaker configuration again as new driver does not remember the settings . its up to u , or just send laptop to asus im sorry to hear new laptop has problem really. but if it were me id get my money back ASAP

hmscott
11-05-2014, 05:09 AM
I preordered it through Newegg. They are currently out of stock, so they wont be able to fulfill a return on the item at this time. I'm making due with my bose speakers, but still. Bummer having a hardware issue out of the box.

B_Perks13, there were two others on notebookreview.com with a dead Front speaker, the wiring was pinched and broke during assembly. He pulled apart the laptop and spliced the wiring back together and it works fine.

If you feel handy you could do the same, but if that sounds like a bad idea to you, then return it to newegg, not RMA, but return it DOA for your money back.

If you can, buy it locally. That way you can get a replacement with a short drive instead of waiting days, weeks for a replacement.

It is early in the production cycle so Asus production is likely working out the kinks. It would be nice if you reported it to Asus anyway, whether you RMA it to them for repair or not.

If you are concerned you won't find another one, then RMA to Asus to get it repaired. It may be the quickest to get a G751 - you already have 99% of a G751 right now :)

Be sure and test the heck out of it before RMA'ing to Asus, just in case there is another flaw.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)