PDA

View Full Version : G750JX and G750 JM chassis and graphic card

Jlieu
11-05-2014, 08:26 AM
DID G750JM chassis and graphic card compatible with G750JM ? I just damaged my G750JX and decide to replace with G750JM's part.
Chassis, keyboard part dented and damaged keyboard.
graphic card just ask if compatible.

Jlieu
11-05-2014, 08:29 AM
DID G750JM chassis and graphic card compatible with G750JX ?

hmscott
11-05-2014, 09:34 AM
DID G750JM chassis and graphic card compatible with G750JM ? I just damaged my G750JX and decide to replace with G750JM's part.
Chassis, keyboard part dented and damaged keyboard.
graphic card just ask if compatible.

Jlieu, the chassis parts are likely compatible, though I haven't tried them - why not use the JX parts? There are likely more of them around on Ebay.

The MXM graphics card may / may not be compatible, but without a BIOS created with the 860m vbios, I don't think it would work - and the JX doesn't have Optimus but the JM does - so you don't want to flash the JM BIOS on a JX motherboard - so it won't work.

You can find 770m MXM cards from G750JX's on Ebay too.

Asus has Accidental Damage coverage in some countries. I would contact Asus and tell them of the damage - photo's help, and ask them for help fixing it - hopefully Asus will RMA and fix it for free :)

https://vip.asus.com <== create login here, register your G750JX, then file a Technical Inquiry with photo's in a zip file attached to the TL.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

Jlieu
11-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Rma takes a month to fix it, and now i'm using external keyboard for Call Of duty Advanced warfare. Actually i have sent it to RMA 3 weeks ago and i have to cancel the RMA due to urgent requirement. Any idea why Rma takes so long? Did RMA change the whole palm rest and keyboard or just keyboard?

hmscott
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Rma takes a month to fix it, and now i'm using external keyboard for Call Of duty Advanced warfare. Actually i have sent it to RMA 3 weeks ago and i have to cancel the RMA due to urgent requirement. Any idea why Rma takes so long? Did RMA change the whole palm rest and keyboard or just keyboard?

Jlieu, if it was in for RMA, waiting for parts, it is likely it was taken apart and so canceling RMA will require them to put it together with the same broken parts. I wouldn't do that :)

I know it is inconvenient, but it will take just as long next time, for a total of 2x as long as it would take sending it in one time to completion.

You can ask them the specifics, there is no way for anyone to guess.

Leave it in RMA and let it get fixed. Find an alternative to use until it returns.

It doesn't sound like you can do it yourself, so this is the only choice for repair. Any other repair shop would need to track down and order the parts too.

Good luck.