PDA

View Full Version : G751 JT-CH71 availability? Also, is the JY worth it?

aooi
11-06-2014, 03:34 AM
The G751 JT-CH71 (lower end model) seems to be sold out everywhere I go. Does anyone know how the availability will be for that? It seems the other models all have sufficient stock.

The JY seems to be a lot better but for $800 extra, it basically includes extra RAM, better graphics card, and an SSD. Are those three factors worth $800 more? I won't be playing the most demanding games but I do use photoshop and other photo editing programs. I don't know if I'll need the SSD because I usually never turn off my computer (I know it's bad but I'm lazy, and I leave things running overnight).

kennycol
11-07-2014, 02:13 AM
I'm fighting with this myself. I actually got one of the JT-CH71's but had to return it because the keyboard backlighting didn't work. :( I'd rather stick with that one for the cost savings but no one seems to have any idea when they'll be back in stock.

And even though you don't turn off your computer, an SSD is an amazing upgrade. You'll never go back once you've run with one even for a short time.

AQUASTEVAE
11-07-2014, 04:32 PM
no fight here. i knew immediately that i had to have the jy. bought it from gentech, had them use ic diamond carrot thermal compound on the gpu and cpu, went with the pciexpress m.2ff 500gb boot ssd and 32gb's of the crucial balistic 1866mhz ram.
and yes, it was worth it!

hmscott
11-07-2014, 09:22 PM
no fight here. i knew immediately that i had to have the jy. bought it from gentech, had them use ic diamond carrot thermal compound on the gpu and cpu, went with the pciexpress m.2ff 500gb boot ssd and 32gb's of the crucial balistic 1866mhz ram.
and yes, it was worth it!

AQUASTEVAE, I think you are the first reporting the Crucial Ballistic 1866mhz SODIMM's in a G75X, would you please post a snippet image for CPU-Z memory tab and SPD tab? Also, an hwinfo64 System Summary would be very informative.

Here are examples from my G750JH:

CPUID - CPU-Z ROG download
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z/versions-history.html

hwinfo64 download
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php