PDA

View Full Version : No DSR on g751TJ

Carl Fredrik
11-06-2014, 09:52 AM
I cant find any setting for DSR in NVIDIA global setting or in NVIDIA experiense. I got the 344.48 driver and im experiensing some problems with it in games, maybe the no DSR is just another problem to?

Im thinking of rolling back to the driver that came with the laptop to solve my problems in games (stuttering ,black flicker on screen) but i dont no wich the first suported nvidia driver is for my model.

hmscott
11-06-2014, 10:52 AM
I cant find any setting for DSR in NVIDIA global setting or in NVIDIA experiense. I got the 344.48 driver and im experiensing some problems with it in games, maybe the no DSR is just another problem to?

Im thinking of rolling back to the driver that came with the laptop to solve my problems in games (stuttering ,black flicker on screen) but i dont no wich the first suported nvidia driver is for my model.

Carl, Asus usually posts the original build drivers in the support area for that model, in this case the G751JT/JY don't have their own VGA drivers listed. But, the G751JM does. Asus does this sometimes. You often have to dig around for the newest drivers.

In this case though, the 9XXm chipset is different enough from the 860m in the JM that you can't use it's VGA driver, it is too old to support a 9XXm chipset. It looks like whoever populated the download area didn't know this, or didn't have it in his kit to upload, you could send a note to Asus via a Technical Inquiry to let them know what is missing that you would like to see in the download area for the G751JT

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file the Technical Inquiry with your request/question.

Refer to Nvidia for the earliest driver version for the new 9XXm's, here is the list for the 970m under Windows 8.1:

Asus doesn't modify the drivers from the Nvidia distribution, I have compared many downloaded from Asus that are supposedly unique Asus drivers, and they are exactly the same as the same release number from Nvidia. So you don't necessarily have to get it from an Asus download.

In your case you are wondering about the original shipping version. The first 9xxm driver release was Nvidia 344.11, which is likely the shipping version from Asus as well.

Maybe someone else with a G751JT that hasn't updated their Nvidia driver yet can confirm the shipping version. (you might update the title)

Carl Fredrik
11-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Thank you very mutch for the response. I will contact asus suport to see if they can put vga drivers for my model. Im not sure but my laptop only got 8 gb of ram, maybe thats to little to suport DSR so thats why it wont install it.

hmscott
11-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Thank you very mutch for the response. I will contact asus suport to see if they can put vga drivers for my model. Im not sure but my laptop only got 8 gb of ram, maybe thats to little to suport DSR so thats why it wont install it.

Carl, it would be best to ask Nvidia, not Asus.

It looks like it may not be enabled yet for laptop 9XXm's, as it looks like 344.48 was the first driver supporting DSR for desltop GPU's

From the 344.48 driver release notes.

"New in GeForce Game Ready Drivers

The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.48 WHQL, allows GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming experience. This driver brings support for Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) to Kepler and Fermi desktop GPUs."
Version: 344.48 WHQL
Release Date: 2014.10.22
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78873/en-us

And, I don't see a mention of DSR for 9XXm in the 344.60 release notes, just the same mention of DSR for desktop GPU's:

Release 343 Graphics Drivers for Windows - Version 344.60 RN-W34460-01v01
Supports Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) on
Kepler- and Fermi-based desktop GPUs

The DSR page does say the 970m/980m are to be supported:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/supported-gpus

Update: Nvidia 344.65 release notes still say the same, no addition of 9XXm support.

"Gaming Technology
Supports Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) on Kepler- and Fermi-based desktop GPUs."

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.65/344.65-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Xpawah
02-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Actually DSR doesn't seem to be supported by Optimus systems like ASUS ROG G750/751 that use Intel VGA as output and Geforce GTX only for 3d rendering like games....

*i've ASUS ROG G750JZ with Intel HD 4600/ Geforce GTX 880m

NitroX
02-01-2015, 01:22 PM
G751JY/JT don't have optimus. DSR will be coming soon for these models.