PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone understand how to get the g751jy to boot from usb???

AQUASTEVAE
11-07-2014, 04:38 PM
i have looked at this menu, but don't quite understand why they don't just have a boot order, like every other pc i have ever owned. i also didn't see anything about it in the manual. i am actually looking to see how to get it to boot from a usb, and also need to know how to get it to dual boot operating systems. any help is really appreciated. Thanks!

hmscott
11-07-2014, 09:06 PM
i have looked at this menu, but don't quite understand why they don't just have a boot order, like every other pc i have ever owned. i also didn't see anything about it in the manual. i am actually looking to see how to get it to boot from a usb, and also need to know how to get it to dual boot operating systems. any help is really appreciated. Thanks!

AQUASTEVAE, from power off, press power button, and tap ESC key until you get the boot menu, then select the desired boot volume.

AQUASTEVAE
11-07-2014, 11:00 PM
AQUASTEVAE, from power off, press power button, and tap ESC key until you get the boot menu, then select the desired boot volume.

yeah, gave it a shot, and it didn't work. one time it did bring up the manager, but when i click on it, it did nothing but boot on into windows. i just don't understand the boot menu in the bios. need some help with that.

cl-Albert
11-07-2014, 11:33 PM
AQUASTEVAE, if you're going from the G74Sx with Win7 to the G751JY with Win8.1, sounds like you haven't heard about 'UEFI' boot supported by Win8.1.

Anyway, please try disabling 'secure boot' under the 'security' menu in the bios and enabling 'Launch CSM' under the 'Boot' menu, save and exit the bios, and either going back in the bios to set the boot order, or tapping 'ESC' to get the boot menu and select the non-UEFI boot for your bootable USB device if necessary.

Also, it appears when you boot back to Win8.1, it may change all those bios setting back, so you may need to change them again when necessary.

Hope that all makes sense and helps.

Sagi
11-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Doesn't F2 work when you press it continuously at boot up?