PDA

View Full Version : How Do You TurboBoost On The Asus G750JM?

gbman11
11-08-2014, 04:19 AM
Hi, I know this is probably a dumb question but how do you turbo boost on the ASUS rog g750jm?

themeonster
11-08-2014, 03:10 PM
If you are talking about Intel TurboBoost on your CPU, it is automatic. You don't have to do anything.

Arnas
11-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Is turbo can be disabled ? If yes then how?

gbman11
11-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Yes, that's what I am talking about but it says turbo boost to 3.6 ghz but its only running 2.4ghz when I check does that mean when I am in games its running 3.6 ghz and when I am just searching the internet its only running 2.4 ghz?

gbman11
11-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Is turboboost default enabled?

themeonster
11-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Yes by default turboboost is enabled. I have not seen an option to turn it off actually. What program are you using to monitor the clock speeds and what power plan are you on? I use the balanced plan through windows and my CPU clock speed scales up from 0.77GHz up to 3.6GHz depending on the load.

GottiBoi55
11-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Hi, I know this is probably a dumb question but how do you turbo boost on the ASUS rog g750jm?

Check out this overview on the >> Intel Turbo Boost Technology (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html)
Hopefully this will help you understand how the Intel Turbo Boost Technology works.

Symho
11-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Check out this overview on the >> Intel Turbo Boost Technology (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html)
Hopefully this will help you understand how the Intel Turbo Boost Technology works.

But in our G750J series the Turbo Boost is always enabled so the CPU is constantly in o.c. from 3.19 to 3.4 GHz. See the Task Manager

Maxter
11-10-2014, 06:10 PM
To disable the turboboost, go into the power configuration and set the CPU to a maximum of 99% usage. I don't know why you would do this, however, as the boost occurs transiently and very fast to really be consuming too much battery power.

hmscott
11-10-2014, 06:19 PM

gbman11, there is a simple way to disable Turboboost, use the Power Plan to set the Min/Max CPU to 0%/99% - the 99% disables Turbo boost :)

For more control over the multipliers for the cores, you can use Intel XTU to set them and save in Profiles. I have a Profile set for 36x/35x/34x/34x cores and 36x cache - you could set all of them to 24x to disable Turbo Boost.

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility XTU - current version 5.1.1.25
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=xtu

You can also reduce voltage on CPU/cache - setting negative offset to between 20mV and 125mV is possible - reduces heat.

I hope that helps :)

hmscott
11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
To disable the turboboost, go into the power configuration and set the CPU to a maximum of 99% usage. I don't know why you would do this, however, as the boost occurs transiently and very fast to really be consuming too much battery power.

Maxter, on a High Performance power plan, with CPU Min/Max set to 100%/100%, the speed would be on High all the time. Turbo Boost on demand will raise CPU speed as load increases per core, and isn't an insignificant power draw, you could save power by setting 99%, or less. XTU will let you tune even further.

I have used this myself for extending battery, limiting power drain while running heavy loads on battery.