PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Power Plan

Parham
11-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Please explain to me how can I set my G750 power plan so when disconnected performance doesn't drop.

I have tried different plans, still, when working on battery the CPU and GPU and overall performance of my machine drops.

Longevity of battery life isn't an issue. I rather to use my laptop with full performance even in shorter amount of time.

Thanks people!

themeonster
11-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Does your laptop Have optimus? If you don't know, systems with 800 series geforce cards have it and ones with 700 series cards don't. I have a 780m so I don't know much about optimus but I will share what little I do know.

I think that in an optimus enabled system it will prefer to run on the iGPU (intel hd 4600) by default. While integrated graphics have come a long way, they are much less powerful than our nvidia cards. Unfortunately, I am not sure whether you can switch to the nvidia GPU on battery.

In my case, without optimus, the graphics card will always stay at the lowest clock speeds on battery resulting in drastically reduced performance. I don't think that we can change this because, if the GPU were allowed to run at full speed it would put so much stress on the battery that it would quickly do physical damage to it. That is the theory anyway.

I hope that this helps and good luck.

mihaimoga
11-08-2014, 05:18 PM
First tell us which model of G750 do you own.