PDA

View Full Version : Touchpad TOO touchy

arcamean
10-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Problem: My touch pad is overly sensitive to heat. I'm on vacation and often have the laptop on my lap with no external keyboard available to use. I've tried disabling the touch pad via fn + F9 but it doesn't seem to recognize the command.

Took it into Best Buy and had the tech look at it, a quick search of his database said it was a common issue with no clear resolution. I've downloaded, installed and rebooted the drivers to no avail so far.

BrodyBoy
10-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Which laptop?

If it's the erratic touchpad problem.....which isn't related to environmental temps.....drivers won't fix it.

dstrakele
10-28-2011, 04:56 AM
Do you have a Sentelic or Synaptic touchpad? What driver versions have you tried?

What is the exact behavior you observe? Erratic cursor behavior? Cursor movement when typing? Cursor selections you didn't intend to make?

Have you updated your Atheros Wireless LAN Adapter driver to 9.2.1.432 or later? There is a lot of DPC Latency in the earlier drivers.

If you experience erratic cursor movement, it is likely your problem results from tape and adhesive on the back of your touchpad. See http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?883-Troubleshooting-ASUS-G73-Touchpad-Problems If you have specific questions about this issue, BrodyBoy is the go-to-guy!