PDA

View Full Version : GPU Tweak

Savage-wp
11-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I want to install GPU tweak on my G750jz. I am running Windows 7.
When I go to the Asus download page for GPU Tweak for notebook, there is only a Windows 8 version. Will this version run on Windows 7.

toronto699
11-09-2014, 10:11 PM
yes u should be fine

hmscott
11-09-2014, 10:14 PM
I want to install GPU tweak on my G750jz. I am running Windows 7.
When I go to the Asus download page for GPU Tweak for notebook, there is only a Windows 8 version. Will this version run on Windows 7.

Savage-wp, unfortunately the Asus Tweak Tool for Laptops only runs on Windows 8.1. It started life with the G750JM/JS/JZ's which all shipped with Windows 8.1. Others have reported it fails to run correctly on Windows 7 on the JZ/JS/JM.

The Asus Tweak Tool for Graphics Cards runs on Windows 7, but that only works on the G750JW/JX/JH and maybe on the G751JT/JY (no reports yet).

If you want to OC you are going to need to use a tool like MSI Afterburner, or EVGA Precision X, but neither of those will set the Fan Full option - if you are looking for max fan speed.

You could load Windows 8.1 back on your G750JZ, and run Windows 7 in a VM, if you prefer the Windows 7 experience. You would need to run your games on Windows 8.1 to get native 3D speed.

What do you have that needs Windows 7, or won't run on Windows 8.1?