PDA

View Full Version : Is my GPU damaged, or is it the motherboard?

JonathanR33D
11-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Is there a way to tell which piece of hardware it is? My G750JW turns on but the numlock led and power led are the only ones that come on and they are solid. Screen stays blank. But the numlock key is stuck on. No keys I press register. The cap lock key does not light up when pressed.

When the system is initially turned on, the HDD led comes on for a quick moment and then there is nothing after.

The GPU fan never starts, but after the gpu gets warm, the CPU fan at least does come on.

Whenever the power cord is plugged in, the system turns on automatically without me pressing power button. When I hold power button it turns off but instantly fires right back up. It never stays of unless I remove power adapter. This doesn't happen when I use the battery though.

Any thoughts

Darnassus
11-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Sounds like a short circuit.

Does the laptop actually function while unplugged? Did you type this message on it?

If not, and what you've said above is happening on and off battery, it couldn't be your GPU because the CPU would take the work if the GPU was disabled. ( I assume. )

JonathanR33D
11-10-2014, 01:39 AM
It doesn't come on either way. And I didn't know that the CPU of this laptop was able to render graphics. Correct me if I'm wrong
tho

Maxter
11-10-2014, 06:12 PM
GPU fried.

JonathanR33D
11-11-2014, 01:08 AM
GPU fried.

How can you b sure