PDA

View Full Version : Where does all this dust get sucked in (g750jz)

Wulff
11-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi,

as the topic title say where does all this dust get sucked in? I just cleaned my cpu fan yet again, have to do that like each month orso to keep it as quiet as possible. Thing is its only at the cpu fan, the Gpu fan is superclean.

Would there be any way to reduce the dust coming in a bit? not that i mind cleaning it but every month is a bit much perhaps. but the difference is quite big in sound from the fan as well as the cpu temp

thanx for any thoughts on this

Kind regards

Wulff
11-10-2014, 03:42 PM
now the cpu fan even turns itself off when the temp is 40 degrees hehe, only for a brief moment cause it goes from 39-42 at the highest core on idle ofcourse

hmscott
11-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi,

as the topic title say where does all this dust get sucked in? I just cleaned my cpu fan yet again, have to do that like each month orso to keep it as quiet as possible. Thing is its only at the cpu fan, the Gpu fan is superclean.

Would there be any way to reduce the dust coming in a bit? not that i miond cleaning it but everymonth is a bit much perhaps. but the difference is quite big in sound from the fan as well as the cpu temp

thanx for any thoughts on this

Kind regards

Wulff, check out these vent screens, to apply over the bottom vents on the JZ. They make them custom to your specification.

Pre-made laptop dust filters
http://www.demcifilter.com/c218/Laptop-Dust-Filters.aspx

Custom Dust Filters
http://www.demcifilter.com/cu8/Custom-Filters.aspx

It's going to be tricky to fit 2 screens, one on the removable panel and one on the main chassis - or give up getting back into the laptop and put 1 over the whole vent, covering the joint between the removable panel and the chassis.

If you get it worked out, please post photo's here :)

Wulff
11-10-2014, 07:29 PM
that does seem fairly easy to make myself as well, might stick it on the other side instead then. so that would be the only place the air gets sucked in then? hope so cause then its easy to solve