PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G20AJ on it's way :)

Bodycount69
11-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Well it order and be here tomorrow getting it on sale and bonus GPU upgrade all the G20's around her come with GTX760 I found one place that has a GTX 770 and they price matched it :) .

I have owned a G73,G74 and a G75 gaming laptop reson being I was in the army and that was the only way to game in that life stile.

I have always built my own towers so this could be good or bad I did play with a display today and was amazed so bring it on. :)

toronto699
11-12-2014, 11:14 PM
have fun let us know how much u like it after u play a game or 2

Bodycount69
11-23-2014, 12:45 AM
have fun let us know how much u like it after u play a game or 2

Well I have had my G20 For over a week now and I'm Happy with it.

I have played Rising StormRed Orchestra 2 Multiplayer, DayZ Stand alone, BF4, Nether, and Heroes & Generals so far every game maxed out and it walks all over these games.

BF4 is probably the most GPU intensive game on my system ( I'm downloading more as we speak :) ) and I'm always over 65 FPS.

I have the ASUS PB278Q monitor at 2560x1440 and games look amazing.

Now the only thing that is driving me crazy right now is I have power settings set to not turn anything off but after 5 mins or so the monitor screen go's black like its starting to run a program and to get out of that I have to " Ctrl, Alt Del " that brings the option to go to task manager and stuff then hit Esc to go back to my dash board.

Bodycount69
11-23-2014, 01:00 AM
I should also comment on the mouse and keyboard that comes with the system.

Keyboard:
I find the keyboard not to bad it is back lite in "Blue" keys are very responsive nice volume knob control its 8/10 could have been nicer.

Mouse:
The mouse is junk tossed it in 3 seconds and no mouse pad wtf :( I see ASUS just came out with a nice gaming mouse why didn't it ship with that???

toronto699
11-23-2014, 04:27 AM
Change the Power Plan to High Performance may solve the monitor issue there are number of power settings in
W8 Glad u love your Mean Machine yeah asus cheaps out on somethings, unlike Dell in most cases at least they give u a mouse pad ha ha I must have 5 or 6 dell mouse pads

MillyCow
11-24-2014, 06:19 AM
just don't try to install 7 on it ;/
http://i62.tinypic.com/2vuanpc.gif

disciple83
12-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Wouldn't changing the BIOS to boot "Other" instead of Windows UEFI solve this issue? That way you can boot from disc. Good luck finding drivers though.