PDA

View Full Version : Right speaker volume is lower than the left - *resolved*

beatc
11-12-2014, 07:36 AM
HI i have the JZ model and i noticed that the left speaker volume is higher than the right one. When i adjusted the slider in the Realtek Audio manager to the right, the sound is low compare when i slide it to the left. Is it normal or hardware defective?

Darnassus
11-12-2014, 12:31 PM
I believe what you're hearing is perceptive.. the truth of why things sound more to the left side of the laptop is because the sub woofer placement. If you turn the subwoofer off in RealTek HD audio manager, you'll notice the sound is equal from the speakers under the screen.

It's simply the fact you have two speakers on the left, and one on the right, thus unbalanced sound.

beatc
11-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks Darnassus. You are right about the subwoofer. When I turn it off, both speakers produce the same output.

hmscott
11-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Darnassus, I noticed this too, there needs to be 2 Subwoofers, one on each side matching the balance of the L/R speakers, or center a single subwoofer between the L/R emitters and move it back to the same plane as the L/R emitters.

Initially it bothered me enough to disable the subwoofer and configure the L/R speakers as Full Range. Not quite enough ummph - the Subwoofer makes too big of an improvement to leave it disabled.