PDA

View Full Version : Playing Blu-ray's

NZMaverick
11-13-2014, 01:22 PM
I have a G750JX, it plays some blu-ray's but not newer ones. AsusDVD tells me I need to update my Blu-ray player requires an update in order to play the disk. (It is Firefly, which I would like to watch).

I have tried everything I know of, tried downloading new blu-ray playing software, a number of different ones. Some simply don't work and do nothing. Some give me the same message, which is unhelpful.

I have tried VLC and using the work around for blu-ray's, it just crashes.

I can't find any required updates for my blu-ray drive, neither can the auto update program.

Any help would be appreciated.

Symho
11-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Sorry, but you had updated Asus DVD?

NZMaverick
11-14-2014, 12:21 AM
Asus DVD is just Cyberlink's PowerDVD10, it is fully up to date. I even downloaded a trial of PowerDVD14 and that gives the same message. I think the issue is a driver based issue for the drive itself. But then I can't find drivers for it, and the Asus auto updater says everything is up to date. So maybe it is a codec issue?

Symho
11-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Asus DVD is just Cyberlink's PowerDVD10, it is fully up to date. I even downloaded a trial of PowerDVD14 and that gives the same message. I think the issue is a driver based issue for the drive itself. But then I can't find drivers for it, and the Asus auto updater says everything is up to date. So maybe it is a codec issue?

May you try this (http://www.windvdpro.com/it/products/windvd/pro/default.html)?

Prostar Computer
11-14-2014, 06:01 PM
The problem you may be running into is that, due to licensing restrictions, old versions of PowerDVD will not play Blu-ray discs past a certain year/time frame. There's a section on Cyberlink's website that has the version history and reflects up to what it can play. Anything beyond that date is likely to not work.

Symho
11-14-2014, 08:06 PM
The problem you may be running into is that, due to licensing restrictions, old versions of PowerDVD will not play Blu-ray discs past a certain year/time frame. There's a section on Cyberlink's website that has the version history and reflects up to what it can play. Anything beyond that date is likely to not work.

From NZMaverick's post (n3): "I even downloaded a trial of PowerDVD14 and that gives the same message."

toronto699
11-15-2014, 03:40 PM
go to device manager , click in the ">" to open it should show u the manufacturer of your BlueRay . then go to the manufacturer web page and search for new firmware , but be carefull make absolutely sure its the right one for your BD drive. , I had a little problem of one BD not Playing , I bought the new {Latest} spiderman movie BD {The Amazing Spider Man } it updated my BD now everything works . not sure what the spiderman movie did. but it updated something It said , updating BD when i put the disk in the drive