PDA

View Full Version : G750JM help

raoul duke
11-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I bought this 'amazing' machine 2 months ago, and it didn't even take 2 weeks for it to become completely unstable. Not only does it bother me with all of these BSOD's, but it got really slow and doesn't respond as it should. Any help?

Jaitsu
11-15-2014, 02:28 AM
For the BSODs, either use Nvidia graphics driver 332.60 from the ASUS download page for guaranteed relief (with lower performance) or the latest driver for much better performance and possibly the occasional BSOD - maybe once a week if you play a lot of games; I haven't had any in about a month and I play games fairly regularly but I know this driver HAS gotten the BSOD once.

As for getting "really slow" - have you checked Task Manager to see if any processes are eating up your RAM or CPU? If so, try opening a Command Prompt and entering:

sfc /scannow

This will fix any damaged Windows files. I had a performance problem, and sfc /scannow found that for some unknown reason I had a corrupted printer driver for a printer I don't have, and repairing the file caused the performance to go back to normal.

raoul duke
11-15-2014, 11:33 AM
For the BSODs, either use Nvidia graphics driver 332.60 from the ASUS download page for guaranteed relief (with lower performance) or the latest driver for much better performance and possibly the occasional BSOD - maybe once a week if you play a lot of games; I haven't had any in about a month and I play games fairly regularly but I know this driver HAS gotten the BSOD once.

As for getting "really slow" - have you checked Task Manager to see if any processes are eating up your RAM or CPU? If so, try opening a Command Prompt and entering:

sfc /scannow

This will fix any damaged Windows files. I had a performance problem, and sfc /scannow found that for some unknown reason I had a corrupted printer driver for a printer I don't have, and repairing the file caused the performance to go back to normal.

Thanks for response, I'm doing the scan as we speak. I'm using the latest NVIDIA driver, but still that didn't stop G750JM from getting these BSOD's. The only solution for me was setting NVIDIA GPU to be used at all times with global settings NVidia control panel, but I worry if this will affect laptop's durability?

Sometimes the system won't even wake up from sleep so I have to do hard restart, and most of the times Hard Disk shows 100% usage in Task Manager even though there's no demanding processes turned on.

raoul duke
11-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Results of scan: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

In CBS log most of the messages look like: "[DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory "..." is not owned", or "Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory"