PDA

View Full Version : g751jy-dh73-ca no bass and most sound coming from sub!!!

stoop14
11-15-2014, 05:54 AM
No bass at all and most sound coming from the sub, there might be some sound from the speakers under the screen but it's hard to tell if it's just the sub! I deleted the driver and reinstalled no dice!

BRSxIgnition
11-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Me and others have been having the same problem here. (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53560-G751JT-CH71-Sound-only-playing-through-subwoofer-FIX) There is a VERY partial fix, which gets sound to come from the back speakers, but we still don't have a proper fix.

To get sound to come from the back speakers (not from subwoofer at all), uninstall the realtek drivers, and let Windows install its own drivers. When you do, one of your playback devices that it finds should be your back speakers.

If you plug anything into HDMI, you will have to switch the sound to that manually - but other than that and the tinny, no bass sound, it's an alright temporary fix.

I'm messaging MarshallR tonight and will be trying to escalate my technical inquiry since so many of us are experiencing this.

Exostenza
11-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Just looked at the bottom of the machine... yes, the sound is only coming out of the sub woofer and it is very tinny. Same model from Canada.

I bought my laptop and promptly moved to another continent so I am scared I am stuck with this broken crap. I am gone for a whole year which means when I get back my one year warranty is over... :(

Seems like Asus REALLY dropped the ball

BRSxIgnition: Please get back to us on what MarshalIR has to say. I thought this thing just had absolutely horrible sound compared to the MSI Dominator that I had previously.

BRSxIgnition
11-15-2014, 04:36 PM
No, it's a problem with the software not utilizing both sets of speakers, and I believe it's prioritizing the subwoofer during install.

As a temporary fix, uninstall the Realtek device & drivers in Device Manager and let windows install its own, you'll be able to see that your speakers work properly then. (You just have to choose speakers or subwoofer... Not both... And switch manually to HDMI sound whenever you plug it in.)

It's a very temporary fix.

If you can, please register your computer and submit a technical inquiry, clearly explaining that when we install the sound drivers, audio is only put out by the subwoofer, and not the back speakers, even though both work. The more people that report this problem, the better our chances of getting a software/driver fix are.

fidelity101
11-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Thank you for the quick fix approach. At least I know the physical hardware is working. I'm having the exact same issues described with a brand new G751JY...I'll go ahead and report the error to tech support.

I'm also going to give version 6.017.304 a try as I kept it from my G750JZ laptop.

Update: I had version 6.017.304 from my G750GZ laptop so I tried that with no significant change. I went back to version 335 and restarted the computer. With my ear up to the subwoofer and then the rear speakers, I can hear the subwoofer is on all the time now. The left and right speakers under the monitor kick on when needed while the subwoofer sounds much like the rear speakers in terms of tone. I was kind of expecting a "base" feel or sound. But at least all three speakers are creating sound right now. I have audiowizard OFF and realtek HD audio manager set to stereo.