PDA

View Full Version : G751JY power supply

fidelity101
11-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I have the ASUS G751JY laptop and unfortunately the power plug is a different size than the previous G75VW power supply I had. I need to purchase another spare power supply but I can't seem to find one online. Does anyone know if they make an adapter from the old plug style to the new style? It's unfortunate that ASUS decided to change out the plug style as they're both 19.5V

QC_AGENT
11-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Yep, and the old one was tigthter. It is a shame than the new connector is more loose. It is number 1 of the only 2 minor dispointment I found so far from the new design. The second one being the lost of the quick power management ROG key. Everything else has been improved

fidelity101
11-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Agreed...I really miss that key, but I linked Power4Gear to the M1 button and it's very similar although slightly slower to respond. I found a replacement brick online, not bad at $90 but I wish it was available through Amazon as I'm starting to enjoy that prime membership. :)

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6517

QC_AGENT
11-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Good Idea to link it over M1. <Sarcastic> Do you think we will have to link the damn NumLock to M2 on startup as well ?</sarcastic> this is now #3 minor disapointment. (still a great LapTop anyway)