PDA

View Full Version : G550JK Electric Shocks !



Jessie2012
11-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi ROG Community

i just bought g550jk a couple of days ago. i noticed that when device is pluged in to power connecter iam getting electical/static shocks from the metal parts sometimes... it hurts a little sometimes !

is there a way to fix that without sendig it to repair ?

Darnassus
11-17-2014, 04:48 AM
You need to make sure your grounding pin is connected into the wall, and also that your house itself, is properly grounded.

Grounding allows excess electricity to path it's way into the earth, rather than you as electricity has a 'path preference'. With no ground, you're the path to what ever else you're touching.. be that a metal / wooden chair or anything slightly conductive.

You may want to contact an electrician to test your house for grounding.

Jessie2012
11-17-2014, 09:55 AM
i called asus support for my country today. they told me that this is normal because of the aluminium casing. i asked them if i can bring device to the service.

the technician at the service center checked my notebook and coud not find any issues. he advised me allso to rub my hand on a couch or a pullover before using the notebook to avoid static shocks.

Dr. Zchivago
11-17-2014, 10:04 AM
You may want to contact an electrician to test your house for grounding.

Please do this.

Z

Darnassus
11-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Jessie2012, I must remind you that your laptop's charger is supplying 20volts 10amps.

1amp is enough to kill a human being.

Your arms are connected either side of your body where your heart is.

Your hands are touching a conductive metal surface.


You must make sure your charger has a grounding pin, and is connected to the wall.



I do not want to sew fear into you, but we are talking about electricity and your health.


My laptop is grounded, and I do not get electric shocks, HOWEVER if I pick up my iPhone when it's charging from the wall, and touch my laptop with my other hand at the same time, I can feel the electricity passing through me. This is making a path and should be avoided. I now no longer touch my iPhone while using my laptop.

You must make sure your ground is actually working in case of a short circuit.

Jessie2012
11-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Jessie2012, I must remind you that your laptop's charger is supplying 20volts 10amps.

1amp is enough to kill a human being.

Your arms are connected either side of your body where your heart is.

Your hands are touching a conductive metal surface.


You must make sure your charger has a grounding pin, and is connected to the wall.



I do not want to sew fear into you, but we are talking about electricity and your health.


My laptop is grounded, and I do not get electric shocks, HOWEVER if I pick up my iPhone when it's charging from the wall, and touch my laptop with my other hand at the same time, I can feel the electricity passing through me. This is making a path and should be avoided. I now no longer touch my iPhone while using my laptop.

You must make sure your ground is actually working in case of a short circuit.


Thank you for your tips :-) i am using that grounding pin charger ! my workdesk is in front of the heating i noticed that when i touch the heating with my feet iam felling that electricity.

code9523
11-20-2014, 05:26 PM
You must make sure your ground is actually working in case of a short circuit.

Darnassus
11-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Thank you for your tips :-) i am using that grounding pin charger ! my workdesk is in front of the heating i noticed that when i touch the heating with my feet iam felling that electricity.

That is most likely the situation. If your heater under the desk is metal, then there's the path that's most likely being created. Hopefully your heater is grounded too, especially the outer case.

.... try not to rest your feets on it? :'x

Sil3nc328
11-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah i get the shocks too, but its alright.

Darnassus
11-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah i get the shocks too, but its alright.

':f