PDA

View Full Version : BIOS doesnt recognize new SSD Asus G750JX

Geek Shogunat
11-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Hey guys.

I had a spare SSD (A-Data 120GB SX900) and decided to migrate my OS there, that went well, the OS is there and also in the 1TB HDD that the laptop came with. But the moment I log into the BIOS it just doesnt appear and I've just 1 boot option and that one is the HDD...

What can I do to make the BIOS recognize the SSD? (Tried to add it manually as another boot option but it also doesnt appears).

I'm deply sorry if my english isnt good :/

Greetings from Mexico!

hmscott
11-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Hey guys.
I had a spare SSD (A-Data 120GB SX900) and decided to migrate my OS there, that went well, the OS is there and also in the 1TB HDD that the laptop came with. But the moment I log into the BIOS it just doesnt appear and I've just 1 boot option and that one is the HDD...
What can I do to make the BIOS recognize the SSD? (Tried to add it manually as another boot option but it also doesnt appears).
I'm deply sorry if my english isnt good :/
Greetings from Mexico!

Try removing the 1TB HDD, and put the SSD in it's spot, then power up with only the SSD installed - keep the BIOS settings the same. If you cloned the drive, and the cloning program kinows about GPT and UEFI, it will work.

If that doesn't work, try Macrium Reflect this time to do the cloning. You can resize the partitions from the 1TB boot drive to the 120GB drive - btw that is pretty small and may not work for cloning - I have only done it with a 256GB and 512GB drive, and others that have tried the 120GB size also failed to clone.

You can also use Asus Backtracker while booted on the HDD to create a USB 3.0 16GB Flash drive to do the restore onto the SSD - don't forget to remove the 1TB drive before doing the restore otherwise it will get erased. Also disconnect any other USB drives from the laptop while creating the USB 3.0 16GB flash drive with Asus Backtracker - some have said it erased their USB drive - be careful :)

Good luck, and please come back and let us know how it works out. :)

Geek Shogunat
11-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Try removing the 1TB HDD, and put the SSD in it's spot, then power up with only the SSD installed - keep the BIOS settings the same. If you cloned the drive, and the cloning program kinows about GPT and UEFI, it will work.

If that doesn't work, try Macrium Reflect this time to do the cloning. You can resize the partitions from the 1TB boot drive to the 120GB drive - btw that is pretty small and may not work for cloning - I have only done it with a 256GB and 512GB drive, and others that have tried the 120GB size also failed to clone.

You can also use Asus Backtracker while booted on the HDD to create a USB 3.0 16GB Flash drive to do the restore onto the SSD - don't forget to remove the 1TB drive before doing the restore otherwise it will get erased. Also disconnect any other USB drives from the laptop while creating the USB 3.0 16GB flash drive with Asus Backtracker - some have said it erased their USB drive - be careful :)

Good luck, and please come back and let us know how it works out. :)

Hi.

I removed th HDD and placed SSD on its spot,just the SSD and powered up only with the SSD and well... guess what? Now i dont even have the boot option from CD-DVD neither USB...

Tried o run from EFI filesystem and also didnt worked out :(

Then I placed the HDD to his spot and i just have now the HDD boot option but just that one.

Imma try out Macrium Reflect and see what happens.

Btw, I don have a 16GB pendrive :(

Still THANKS! :D

Geek Shogunat
11-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Scott! I made it! :D

Macrium Reflect was the way to go. I've all my OS in my SSD but now something is pissing me off... I cant delete 4 partitions rom my HDD :/ 43368

How can I?

Sorry for asking this much.

hmscott
11-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Scott! I made it! :D
Macrium Reflect was the way to go. I've all my OS in my SSD but now something is pissing me off... I cant delete 4 partitions rom my HDD :/
How can I?
Sorry for asking this much.

Geek Shoguna, you can use the Windows cmd shell, right click and Run As Administrator, and use the diskpart command with "override" to delete protected partitions.

Here is a detailed example:

Anyone knows how to merge C & D disk/drive into one?
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51245-Anyone-knows-how-to-merge-C-amp-D-disk-drive-into-one&p=433539&viewfull=1#post433539

Have fun :)