PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G750jx - freeze and hangs issues

edbustillo
11-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Well i got my asus rog g750 and for som reason i got a lot of hangs and freezes problems, i was watching the resource monitor and in times the "active time" of my SSD goes to 100% and dont know why... i dont know if theres a problem with the installation of the W8 and update to w8.1... but i already made a clean installation of windows and doesnt resolve the problem, i use a program to check my SSD status and it's ok, i dont know if theres a problem with the ram or the VGA but i think that is the W8.1 is there somebody who can help me? Sorry for my english... :(

hmscott
11-19-2014, 06:20 AM
Well i got my asus rog g750 and for som reason i got a lot of hangs and freezes problems, i was watching the resource monitor and in times the "active time" of my SSD goes to 100% and dont know why... i dont know if theres a problem with the installation of the W8 and update to w8.1... but i already made a clean installation of windows and doesnt resolve the problem, i use a program to check my SSD status and it's ok, i dont know if theres a problem with the ram or the VGA but i think that is the W8.1 is there somebody who can help me? Sorry for my english... :(

edbustillo, if you are seeing 100% utilization on your SSD, C drive?, then something is accessing it causing the load and the glitches - any heavy IO load will interfere with the smooth operation of applications running at the same time.

It is likely just the system wide indexer populating it's database of files on the system. I usually disable that, as it can kick in at any time and wreck havoc on streaming video, smooth game play, and in general responsiveness.

I used to disable the service, now I just go in to the index settings and for each entry modify them - uncheck the boxes that pick the folders to index - and then Advanced to rebuild the index - I have it tuned down to 0. Now I can do searches 0 using the index service, but the indexer doesn't run in the background randomly to update the index.

It also might be something else. Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultimate - which the Asus DVD is based on - has it's own indexer that goes through configured folders looking for media to keep in it's database. I delete all those folders in the program settings so that indexer also has nothing to do.

You can watch for all this activity, what is accessing the SSD at 100% by looking with the Task Manager Resource Manager, watch for disk activity, sort the Read or Write column by clicking on the title of the column to sort by the top usage:

Here is an example, PerfectDisk is the program doing the most disk IO

Open the Windows task manager, and from the Performance tab, go to the bottom and select "Open Resource Monitor".

That should find the culprit using the disk IO, causing the SSD utilization to go to 100%

Please come back and let us know what you find :)