PDA

View Full Version : New G750 - Windows Installation Incomplete

jazmynco
11-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Hello.

I just received a brand new G750J from Amazon, and upon its first boot up, I got a prompt saying "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

We don't have a boot disk to use, and we tried rebooting the laptop numerous times and that only yielded the same result. The same prompt shows up 10 seconds after powering on.

Help.

hmscott
11-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Hello.

I just received a brand new G750J from Amazon, and upon its first boot up, I got a prompt saying "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

We don't have a boot disk to use, and we tried rebooting the laptop numerous times and that only yielded the same result. The same prompt shows up 10 seconds after powering on.

Help.

jazmynco, the only fix is to report it to Amazon - it may be a re-box - look carefully to make sure it looks all new and untouched - as Amazon will want to know - and ask for another - maybe ask for one from another seller/vendor/fulfillment/dealer on the list of sellers. No sense getting another one like that.

Please come back and let us know how Amazon treats you, and how it works out :)