PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Audio Output Woes - Need Advice

ilikefrisbee
11-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Trying to utilize the power of this PC in some pro audio venues, but 9 times out of 10 - when the power adapter is connected, it produces a static, buzzing noise that I can best compare to morse code. Assuming the power block and adapter are attached, this annoying noise is present in any sound output, whether that be through the included(and very crappy) headphone jack, HDMI audio, a USB soundcard, or a high end PreSonus USB audiobox. Unplugging the power adapter resolves this issue, but of course this laptop has a very short battery life.

To add to this, connecting an external display adds a large low frequency hum to the audio output. The normal response to this kind of hum is resolving a ground loop, but all attempts at doing this have produced no results - clearly not behaving like a ground loop, and the same products, wiring, and attached external displays do not produce a hum on other computers.

I am thinking that there's gotta be some poor wiring near or around the sound card, but the fact that the same problems are replicated over external sound cards and interfaces baffles me a bit. Any ideas on this? We are about to move into some heavy A/V production software, and if this issue isn't resolved, I'll have to couple the new software purchase with a new PC - that's $1500.00 I don't want to spend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Clintlgm
11-23-2014, 02:59 AM
Sounds like something physical, you could try different drivers

tkolarik
11-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Not getting either of those sounds with my G75VW using hdmi, was not able to use the headphone jack with a PX51 headset.