PDA

View Full Version : JM Help needed

johdragon46
11-22-2014, 02:51 AM
I bought the JM just a few days ago and I installed an SSD and an OEM of Windows 7 as I am not a fan of Windows 8 but am having great difficulties in getting the drivers for the hardware as it states one has to flash the BIOS for 7 drivers.

I am at a loss as what to do as I cannot get the USB ports to work to get the update needed. I am also concerned about doing this because I do not want to end up with a n Asus paperweight if the BIOS flash goes wrong.

Has anyone got any experience with this as I am now getting rather worried I have bought the wrong computer as I did not know this would happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

johdragon46
01-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Ah well I thought I would ask as I am still stuck with the BIOS problem I just wanted to know of anyone else's experience with updating the BIOS and what I should do to avoid bricking my new machine. I shall just have to put up with the thing as is.

Nate152
01-21-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm not a laptop guy but if you are able to enter the bios and have these features, go to the advanced tab, usb configuration and make sure xHCI is set to smart auto.

Happyllama
01-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Joh, I have no experience in flashing, nor am I sure it helps your situation, but I recently learned that there are no Win7 drivers for the G751. I recently posted a thread on something similar, and my intention to double boot to both 7 and 8.1 for different purposes. It wasn't but immediately afterwards I double checked my model and found out that in fact my G751JM had no windows 7 support from Asus, and it has been like that for a long time. I was simply behind the times and didn't do my research correctly beforehand as I should have.

I am genuinely curious to know if flashing a drive from a current OS to an earlier OS that is no longer supported can even be utilized by changing BIOS/UEFI in the manner your have described. I would very much like to learn, if anyone has input.