PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 4 performance

Hucker42
11-23-2014, 10:55 PM
G750JS.....16Gb Ram and SSD upgrade....appreciate don't make too much difference..... But Far Cry 4 on medium, OK for about 2 hours then heat is too much and starts serious lag. For a game that then has high, very high and ultra would expect better from this laptop. Anyone else playing?

Areseru
11-23-2014, 11:17 PM
G750JS.....16Gb Ram and SSD upgrade....appreciate don't make too much difference..... But Far Cry 4 on medium, OK for about 2 hours then heat is too much and starts serious lag. For a game that then has high, very high and ultra would expect better from this laptop. Anyone else playing?
Yep, G750JZ here... Dunia Engine is impressive but "hungry", and at this point it's all about drivers and updates. I ran almost everything on High, even with some casual frame drop... It's hard 'cause i spent around 1600$ in my laptop, 2 months ago, but I even know that further we go, less we achive

gazzacbr
11-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Far Cry 4 is out? damm, i missed that. took my eye off the ball there.
hoping that my 'old' G750JX with 770m will be able to keep up.
will start at 640x480 and go from there ;)
i will get a copy asap and report back also.
@Hucket42: what temps do you get? are you sure its lagging due to temp?

kobby2k6
11-24-2014, 03:55 AM
It has nothing to do with our PCs, the game is just a bit unoptimized and there are random frame drops even on the most powerful systems. I believe the guy in this video has dual GTX 980 (Desktop) and still gets random stutters. Go to the ubisoft forums and you will see what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M25Le3JdHH8

rexscooby
11-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Playing it now on high on my G750JS , GTX870 .
Settings on high . So far so good when theres no BSOD .
( Random Stutters ) Occasional lag once in awhile . Usually happens after i completed a mission and the short story plays .

Noticed that the GPU gets really hot after 1 hour of play .
Will probably try to play it on med once i get my bloody GTX870 to work without problems ....

Hucker42
11-24-2014, 06:31 AM
Yeah I concur temps are actually not the problem it seems, played again and did not get CPU above 78 while GPU 81.......Looks like I just need to wait for patches and drivers.....

ReneMR
11-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Hi gazzacbr,

I dont have FC4 yet, but I have the same ASUS G750JX with 770m, please let me know the result of the performance... ;)
thanks

Darnassus
11-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Guys...

Watchdogs, Assassin's Creed Unity, Farcry 4 .... what do they all have in relation? ;d

The answer........... will solve... ALL questions.

beatc
11-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Guys...

Watchdogs, Assassin's Creed Unity, Farcry 4 .... what do they all have in relation? ;d

The answer........... will solve... ALL questions.

lol

scarletvan
11-25-2014, 05:42 AM
hi Darnassus
the relation is UBISOFT perhaps xD
i'm playing AC Unity 1.2.0 at my G750JM with GTX860m with GPU Overclocking and full fan speed via ASUS GPU Tweak anyway
settings are environment and texture quality at high, vsync on, soft shadows, HBAO+, FXAA, bloom
it's running pretty good with just ocassional stutter ( might be 1 stutter every 30 minutes but it's okay at least for me ) xD

beatc
11-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Is it ok to use the full fan speed? i afraid that the fan might break

Wulff
11-25-2014, 09:54 AM
there is a youtube video by a guy that has the g750jz i copied the settings he used and OC my gtx880m a bit and it runs ok

only thing thats crap is that it seems my laptop screen cant keep up with the game and i get horizontal lines every now and then. but im not sure it m ight be the laptop itself as well but noticed it in call of duty AW as well. Is this some new tactic by nvidia to make me buy one of the g-sync monitors out there? when i connect it to tht tv the lines are way way less if not gone

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_1qqCCcGw

gazzacbr
11-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi gazzacbr,

I dont have FC4 yet, but I have the same ASUS G750JX with 770m, please let me know the result of the performance... ;)
thanks
Hi, gave it a go this afternoon fo about 2 hours.
plays fine on high but i was using windows 7 on an SSD.
game set itself to high and 120Hz.
i didnt notice any stutter but will update when i get a chance to play more at the weekend.
temps didnt go above 74C which is normal for any other game.
early days yet but looking good.
EDIT: just noticed an update from nvidia so also try that out soon
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-75-whql-driver-released

kobby2k6
11-25-2014, 04:33 PM
hi Darnassus
i'm playing AC Unity 1.2.0 at my G750JM with GTX860m with GPU Overclocking and full fan speed via ASUS GPU Tweak anyway
settings are environment and texture quality at high, vsync on, soft shadows, HBAO+, FXAA, bloom
it's running pretty good with just ocassional stutter ( might be 1 stutter every 30 minutes but it's okay at least for me ) xD

What are your exact settings, resolution??, windowed or full screen mode?? and how do you overclock the GPU and what are your settings plus what are your temps with the overclock?? I have to play on all low settings with windowed mode to get decent performance plus what's your FPS in the game? What program did you use to overclock and sorry for all these questions??

Darnassus
11-25-2014, 04:49 PM
hi Darnassus

YES IT'S GOD DAMN UBISOFT LOL >xp <3

Nice to hear things are going well on your end. Hopefully more tweaks will come in.. they're still screwing up worse than EA now.

gazzacbr
11-26-2014, 03:08 AM
off topic and spoiler alert ;)
just did the 'mission' where i have to destroy a wolf den????? (not the toughest one ive ever done :D )
but ive only got a bow and arrow :(
but there was a quad bike right there.
so i ran down, jumped on the quad bike and run them all over, lol
gonna like this game...

_
11-26-2014, 05:33 AM
off topic and spoiler alert ;)
just did the 'mission' where i have to destroy a wolf den????? (not the toughest one ive ever done :D )
but ive only got a bow and arrow :(
but there was a quad bike right there.
so i ran down, jumped on the quad bike and run them all over, lol
gonna like this game...

LOL didn't think about doing it that way :D

770M should be able to do High settings/SSBC. 860M can do Medium/High with SSBC no AA. 880M should definitely be able to handle it on High/HBAO+ with maybe some AA, but unless you can do at least MSAA4 I wouldn't bother with TXAA/MSAA at 2x. I found TXAA 4x looks rough with current drivers.

gazzacbr
11-26-2014, 05:41 AM
hmm, strange double post :(

scarletvan
11-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Hello kobby2k6
Here's my setting. I changed it a bit to get no lags ( but not 60 fps anyway )
Resolution 1920x1080
Vsync on, full screen
environment quality ultra high
texture quality high
shadow quality : soft shadows by nvidia gameworks
ambient occlusion : HBAO+ by nvidia gameworks
Anti-Aliasing : off
Bloom : on
i use ASUS GPU Tweak to OC my GPU and full fan speed
i didn't monitor the temps while playing the game so from what i feel ( i touched the exhaust ), it MIGHT be around 60s
with those settings, i enjoy the game very much
note : i complete AC3 at my old laptop with only 2-20 fps lol
the game might seems laggy for people who's used to constant 60 fps but i actually play ACU without any troubles. tell me your thoughts after you try my settings :)

scarletvan
11-28-2014, 12:51 AM
i really hope that ubisoft will come up with a patch that will improve the fps so we can all enjoy the game with best possible fps :D ( this is the most horrible game performance that i have ever seen till today )

kobby2k6
11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Hello kobby2k6
Here's my setting. I changed it a bit to get no lags ( but not 60 fps anyway )
Resolution 1920x1080
Vsync on, full screen
environment quality ultra high
texture quality high
shadow quality : soft shadows by nvidia gameworks
ambient occlusion : HBAO+ by nvidia gameworks
Anti-Aliasing : off
Bloom : on
i use ASUS GPU Tweak to OC my GPU and full fan speed
i didn't monitor the temps while playing the game so from what i feel ( i touched the exhaust ), it MIGHT be around 60s
with those settings, i enjoy the game very much
note : i complete AC3 at my old laptop with only 2-20 fps lol
the game might seems laggy for people who's used to constant 60 fps but i actually play ACU without any troubles. tell me your thoughts after you try my settings :)

My asus GPU tweak doesn't give me the option to overclock and what are your exact settings when you overlock

P.s. I am a big Assassins Creed fanboy

scarletvan
11-29-2014, 09:33 AM
hmm..... i dunno but yours is GPU Clock but in my GPU Tweak, it's written GPU Overclock. my laptop has 860m too like yours

kobby2k6
11-30-2014, 06:57 AM
hmm..... i dunno but yours is GPU Clock but in my GPU Tweak, it's written GPU Overclock. my laptop has 860m too like yours

what is the version number for your GPU tweak? The version number for mine is "1.0.1.4.1202". I got mine from bestbuy back in June and I haven't updated any of Asus' apps. Thanks for the responses btw

scarletvan
12-03-2014, 02:32 PM
sorry for the late reply, mate. i've been busy with exams lately. it's 1.0.6 according to my control panel

kobby2k6
12-03-2014, 10:48 PM
sorry for the late reply, mate. i've been busy with exams lately. it's 1.0.6 according to my control panel

I'm dealing with exams too bro, don't worry bro and thanks for keeping me updated. I'm on 1.0.5 and the version on Asus' website is the same. How did you get 1.0.6? Good luck with your exams

beatc
12-04-2014, 12:25 AM
mine is 1.0.9

kobby2k6
12-04-2014, 02:31 AM
mine is 1.0.9

Do you have the option to overclock as well and what difference does it make as far as FPS in games like Assassins creed Unity.

hmscott
12-04-2014, 04:04 AM
I'm dealing with exams too bro, don't worry bro and thanks for keeping me updated. I'm on 1.0.5 and the version on Asus' website is the same. How did you get 1.0.6? Good luck with your exams

Asus keeps new version in the Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops support area.

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops, currently at release v1.0.9 for the G750JS/JM/JZ
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ASUS+GPU+Tweak+for+Laptops&hashedid=n%2fa

kobby2k6
12-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Asus keeps new version in the Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops support area.

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops, currently at release v1.0.9 for the G750JS/JM/JZ
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ASUS+GPU+Tweak+for+Laptops&hashedid=n%2fa

Thank you guys too (scarletvan, hmscott and beatc), I finally have the overclock option.

scarletvan
12-04-2014, 10:36 AM
no prob, mate. good luck in your exams too :D ( i get that version of GPU Tweak right after i bought my laptop )

gazzacbr
12-05-2014, 04:04 PM
EDIT: just noticed an update from nvidia so also try that out soon
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-75-whql-driver-released
344.75 does seem smoother, i only have very occaisional stutter (like once an hour)