PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G73jh AUDIO ISSUES

danielangelov
11-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Hello guys,

So before posting this thread I've been lurking in the internet for 2 years. Today is the day I gave up and decided to create an account and ask for help.
So, I've made fresh install with the genuine Windows 7, drivers from the site etc.
I have 2 problems with the sound:

1. No sound from the HDMI port when connected to TV. This happened on it's own after updating catalyst. It has happened before, so I rollback the drivers and it worked. Since I have made a fresh install I have no rollback option and I'm stuck. Right now I went from 14.9 to 14.11.2 beta in attempt to fix it. I have tried to install just the audio package from older versions (14.3, 14.4 beta, 14.8). No luck. When I try to play the test tone from "playback devices" an error occurs saying "failed to play test tone". Yes, I have set it as default device. I have reinstalled AMD drivers and used driver sweeper. Any ideas?

2.I can't find Realtek driver which won't make my speakers dead. I've tried about 10 versions from 2.49 to 2.73. Right now I have uninstalled Realtek so I can use my laptop speaker (I can use one, because they are separated in the device manager) I have tried some modded ones that seem to work on other laptops but not on mine.

I hope someone can figure it out ... thank you in advance!

Daniel.

danielangelov
11-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Well ok, I guess I should buy a new one, because there is no support for this for audio since 2011 ...