PDA

View Full Version : ROG Armoury

speleman
11-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Hello,
I recently recieved my ASUS ROG Gladius, very exciting stuff.
However I'm currently not able to use my new mouse, simply because ROG Armoury doesn't work for me.,
The mouse responds well to input but the software refuses to start up properly. It only leaves the ROG Armoury window completely blank. I've reinstalled the software, installed older versions and unplugged/plugged in the mouse again. And now im out of ideas. Pretty frustrating not being able to use my new mouse.
Help much appreciated.
Regards,
Frustrated customer

_
12-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Please detail your exact system and OS specs and version of Armory so we can try replicating this issue. Thanks.

speleman
12-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Please detail your exact system and OS specs and version of Armory so we can try replicating this issue. Thanks.
Hello,
I don't know how detailed specs you wanted but here they are.

Intel i5 3570k
8GB 1600Mhz RAM
GTX 670
60GB SSD & 500GB HDD
Windows 7 Professional 64bit, up to date.
ROG Armoury 1.10

If you need further details please let me know.

speleman
12-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Bump

Hebus
02-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I have the same issue same os and I did try all ROG Armoury version.

bokicat
02-06-2015, 06:38 AM
Same issue as the above. Tried Armoury 1.08 and 1.10.
System Specs: i7-4790K, MSI Z97M Gaming MB, 16GB DDR3-1600, 128GBx2 SSD Raid-0, GTX970, Win7 64bit

However, I tested this mouse on another machine with the same OS, almost the same system specs except the video card is AMD7750. Everything works properly.

So I wonder if the video card is the cause, or is there some applications like Adobe Flash Player or Java Runtime or MS .net Framework that we need to install for Armoury to work?

bokicat
02-10-2015, 05:04 PM
After some work, I found that Armoury is indeed in conflict with Razer Synapse. I wiped out the system to start fresh. Armoury only exhibits this no-show symptom after Razer Synapse 2 is installed and Windows restarts.

Maybe someone can confirm this finding?

Hebus
02-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Yes I confirm, same problem with Razer Synapse

bokicat
02-11-2015, 04:21 AM

Please see our replies regarding your Armoury software conflict with Razer Synapse. It should be easy to replicate the issue. Otherwise, it would be a dead end, either returning Asus Gladius or buying a non-Razer product.

Hebus
02-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Hi Bokicat, did you have any response from Asus on this point ? It's a big issue for me I cant uninstall Synapse.

bokicat
02-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Hi Bokicat, did you have any response from Asus on this point ? It's a big issue for me I cant uninstall Synapse.

Unfortunately, the Asus people are playing dead in this forum, and I've got no response from the tech support email either. I don't think they take this seriously, because without Razer's Synapse, their stuff works just fine.

I tried to use this mouse on my Mac, only to find out Asus don't even have software support for OSX. What a lame and false advertisement. The product has been in the market for 6 months and they claimed to support all Windows and OSX.

Hebus
02-12-2015, 05:32 PM
I just received a response. Dont tried yet.
They ask me to desinstall armoury. and update my windows if it isn't up to date.
after that install this version : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/GLADIUS/ROG_Armoury_Driver_V108_Win7-8-8-1.zip
Then install this firmware : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/GLADIUS/GLADIUS_Firmware_Update_V129.zip
I'll try this and let you know

Hebus
02-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Couldn't update the firmware cause my mouse was already up to date.

This does not work for me.

bokicat
02-13-2015, 04:37 AM
I just received a response. Dont tried yet.
They ask me to desinstall armoury. and update my windows if it isn't up to date.
after that install this version : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/GLADIUS/ROG_Armoury_Driver_V108_Win7-8-8-1.zip
Then install this firmware : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/GLADIUS/GLADIUS_Firmware_Update_V129.zip
I'll try this and let you know

Earlier I mentioned I already tried Armoury 1.08 and 1.10. Same problem. Firmware is 1.29. I later wrote the tech support directly stating their software is conflicting with Razer Synapse. Haven't received any reply yet.

nuclearharry
02-13-2015, 01:31 PM
been looking into getting the gladius but was wondering from users if the software has a activity tracker like razer and roccat mice where it tracks all clicks and distance traveled and so on? i think its a great feature and hope this mouse software has it also

TheyCallMeJay
02-16-2015, 02:38 AM
I also was having the same issue with ROG Armoury not displaying anything within the window. Here is what I did to fix it and hopefully it will work for you:

After trying several other approaches the thing that worked for me was to uninstall it, then go into the zip folder I downloaded. Once there I copied the exe file to my desktop for easy access, then right clicked and ran it as administrator. Boom. Problem solved (for me at least)

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing my computer wasn't allowing the application to make registry changes so running as administrator fixed that.

bokicat
02-17-2015, 04:00 AM
I also was having the same issue with ROG Armoury not displaying anything within the window. Here is what I did to fix it and hopefully it will work for you:

After trying several other approaches the thing that worked for me was to uninstall it, then go into the zip folder I downloaded. Once there I copied the exe file to my desktop for easy access, then right clicked and ran it as administrator. Boom. Problem solved (for me at least)

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing my computer wasn't allowing the application to make registry changes so running as administrator fixed that.

Hi TheyCallMeJay,

Are you saying you ran the installation file as administrator, and after the installation, the problem was solved? If so, I'll try it again tonight.

TheyCallMeJay
02-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Hi TheyCallMeJay,

Are you saying you ran the installation file as administrator, and after the installation, the problem was solved? If so, I'll try it again tonight.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Sorry for the poor wording.

Pansyfaust
09-27-2015, 11:13 PM
So is there still no fix to this then? New install on Win 8.1 and I every piece of Armoury software I try I end up with the same result :"armoury has stopped working". I don't have any Razer software installed and I've tried running as administrator, yet nothing. The thing is in my previous windows 8.1 install, armoury worked fine. Yet this issue is really making me reconsider getting ASUS hardware ever again.