PDA

View Full Version : G56jk non-IPS screen issue

TCM[RO]
11-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Hello,

I just bought a G56JK notebook and instead of an IPS display i got it with a cheap TN on made by AUO http://www.panelook.com/B156HTN03.6_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_23699.html . The retailer says it's Asus's fault for the spec list and in some way it's because even on Asus's website it's specified as an IPS panel, and Asus support says it's the retailer's fault for misleading me. I'm looking for some advice because i just ordered a 16 gb memory kit wich isn't that cheap and i wouldn't want to return the notebook ... on the other hand the display is very poor in colors, poor viewing angles ... neither windows calibration nor asus splendid vid didn't help me with the colors.

Cheers!

Crisxxx
11-26-2014, 05:44 PM
;452837']Hello,

I just bought a G56JK notebook and instead of an IPS display i got it with a cheap TN on made by AUO http://www.panelook.com/B156HTN03.6_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_23699.html . The retailer says it's Asus's fault for the spec list and in some way it's because even on Asus's website it's specified as an IPS panel, and Asus support says it's the retailer's fault for misleading me. I'm looking for some advice because i just ordered a 16 gb memory kit wich isn't that cheap and i wouldn't want to return the notebook ... on the other hand the display is very poor in colors, poor viewing angles ... neither windows calibration nor asus splendid vid didn't help me with the colors.

Cheers!

I am in the exact same situation,but to me Asus support response was that it is a IPS display...:)))...and is not.The laptop had a sticker on the the display that say it is a Full HD IPS and the retailer said they translated the Asus info from their page,that Asus put that sticker on, and is their fault.Asus website as well say that it comes with IPS display.I think is Asus fault for misleading their clients at this scale.They are many ppl in thei situation.Shame on you ASUS.

TCM[RO]
11-27-2014, 06:48 PM
2'nd thing ... anyone found the web cam driver?