PDA

View Full Version : Owned ASUS G750JW for over a year

nikv23
11-27-2014, 08:14 AM
Hello all!
I am here after over 1 year of use of my ASUS G750JW. I have switched around between a few different operating systems, my favorite being windows 8.1, but that is not the point of this post. The point is, I love this machine! It is amazing in every way except one. My one only complaint is with the placement of ports. I, like most people, am right handed, and would love for my cables to not interfere with my mouse. My only wish is that ASUS had swapped the location of ports from the left side of machine and the right side of the machine. Does any one else agree?

Dinooz
11-27-2014, 09:07 AM
I don't have any problem with the wires interfering,route all your wires to the back of the machine. I have every usb port in use,

power,Ethernet and sound all plugged in see pics......................Cheers Dino

Iamkhanjan
11-29-2014, 09:37 PM
how about a wireless mouse?

Maxter
12-01-2014, 12:09 AM
true gamer always uses wired...

beatc
12-01-2014, 02:17 AM
wired > wireless. BTW, nice setup you got there.

hmscott
12-01-2014, 05:01 AM
true gamer always uses wired...

Maxter, technology eventually catches up with the needs :)

I have often been using my Razer Mamba mouse wirelessly and forgot to hook up the wire before gaming, and didn't notice any negative effects. It runs just as well wirelessly as wired.

If you have wireless interference then that is a different story. Get on wired only to get rid of the crosstalk influence.

I haven't found a good wireless keyboard yet. All the good keyboards are wired only... so far :)

hmscott
12-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Hello all!
I am here after over 1 year of use of my ASUS G750JW. I have switched around between a few different operating systems, my favorite being windows 8.1, but that is not the point of this post. The point is, I love this machine! It is amazing in every way except one. My one only complaint is with the placement of ports. I, like most people, am right handed, and would love for my cables to not interfere with my mouse. My only wish is that ASUS had swapped the location of ports from the left side of machine and the right side of the machine. Does any one else agree?

nikv23, what I wish is that Asus put all the cables out the back, and left the sides free and clean.

No matter where I put my G750JH, at some point where ever the cables come out the sides is a problem. Right now I just moved my laptop 180' and what worked before is now a routing problem. But, with every problem there is a solution, and it only took a couple of days of use to work it out.

Wireless is best, if still functional. I use a wireless keyboard/trackpad run from a single USB dongle. Logitech K400. It's cheap, fast, and is small enough to stow in my bag for portable use. It isn't a full sized replacement keyboard, but I can game, surf, and do work on it. And it keeps the human leavings off the integrated keyboard/trackpad.

http://www.logitech.com/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r

The K400 isn't going to replace my Razor Lycosa or Arctosa keyboards and Mamba mice, but it works great for mobile/portable use.

Maxter
12-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Maxter, technology eventually catches up with the needs :)

I have often been using my Razer Mamba mouse wirelessly and forgot to hook up the wire before gaming, and didn't notice any negative effects. It runs just as well wirelessly as wired.

If you have wireless interference then that is a different story. Get on wired only to get rid of the crosstalk influence.

I haven't found a good wireless keyboard yet. All the good keyboards are wired only... so far :)

The reason to my statement was mostly because of battery rather than wifi issues (but you are right). I'm pretty sure everyone here that has used wireless in the past, or currently, has ran out of batteries in the middle of a game and BAM! dead... :rolleyes: