PDA

View Full Version : Asus g73jh black screen

Jbreczka
11-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Hey all so I'm new to this forum, and I'm looking to see if there is anyone that may have another option i haven't tried. So here's the issue, i went through and i bought my g73jh only to have the screen cut out on me. So as of right now i have give through and reinstalled Windows 7, reinstalled all the drivers, went through and applied new thermal paste to the cpu and gpu, reseated the video cable, replaced the video cable, replaced the screen and still have not had any success. The thing is that through the hdmi port everything works fine for gaming and for regular operation. So there in lies the issue, I'm running out of things to try and still have no resolve. Any ideas?

danielangelov
12-02-2014, 10:25 PM
You have to push right button on the desktop -> screen resolution -> (multiple displays:) extend these displays.

Jbreczka
12-10-2014, 12:03 AM
You have to push right button on the desktop -> screen resolution -> (multiple displays:) extend these displays.
Already tried this still with no resolve. I have absolutely no response from the lcd screen on the laptop itself whatsoever. I have tried to change any settings pertaining to the monitor/ display to get a response from the display with no avail. This is my problem, I have tried mostly everything I can think of besides somehow connecting it to an external power source and or attempting to see if I can somehow jump a signal over to the monitor from the vga or hdmi port and wire it that way internally, (which I don't believe would even be possible...) so there in lies my original issue, Im running out of ideas and its well past warranty so I am refraining from contacting Asus for a work order and sending it in. Any other possible ideas?