PDA

View Full Version : Screen Display help

MajesticSh0t
11-28-2014, 11:27 PM
43745 Ok so I just got my Asus g751Laptop and I was wondering why the resolution is kind of off, and why websites don't take up the full screen. Like Facebook takes up just the middle part of my screen and the whole left half is empty. I don't know if my display settings are off or if it's just because of the 17.3 screen. Is this just something that I messed up or can someone post the right settings because a lot of the screen size is just wasted because things tend to only show up in the middle of the screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Darnassus
11-29-2014, 03:31 AM
Show a screenshot if possible.

MajesticSh0t
11-29-2014, 04:46 AM
Added it the the original post.

hmscott
11-29-2014, 05:26 AM
43745 Ok so I just got my Asus g751Laptop and I was wondering why the resolution is kind of off, and why websites don't take up the full screen. Like Facebook takes up just the middle part of my screen and the whole left half is empty. I don't know if my display settings are off or if it's just because of the 17.3 screen. Is this just something that I messed up or can someone post the right settings because a lot of the screen size is just wasted because things tend to only show up in the middle of the screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

MajesticSh0t, the higher the resolution, the more things fit on the screen. If you are used to a lower resolution PC, with a browser Window in full screen mode, you will see borders like this on a higher resolution screen - there is more space to fill, and your web page at the same scale 1 to 1 - un-zoomed - will look smaller with borders like you are seeing.

The way most people use the extra space, is to not keep a Window in full screen mode, instead let it form around the web page, and have multiple Windows up at the same time. That way you can see the other applications to the left/right of your front most Window and then you can click between Windows/Applications for quicker multi-tasking.

You can also place Windows side by side for easy comparison between content on the same or other web pages.

Here is one example, I can watch for temperature changes, and filter hits, and GPU utilization, while reading the ROG forums. I can also unhide the taskbar and switch to another application or start a systray app.

Take the Window out of Maximize mode (the box in between the - and the X) and you open up a world of multitasking :)

That is how to best use the space from a higher resolution display/monitor.

If you feel uncomfortable with all those Windows competing for your attention, it is too much of a distraction, you can move between normal and Maximize mode for the browser Windows, and use the View=>Zoom - ( Shift-Ctrl + ) feature to Zoom In and grow the View (images and text) to fill the Full Screen Page, like this:

Use ( Shift-Ctrl - ) to Zoom Out / shrink from a Zoom In / grow

I hope that helps :)

MajesticSh0t
11-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Oh ok, yea Ive been used to my old desktop monitor Ive had since like 2006 lol, thank you for the help, I was just uncomfortable with the white on both sides because I am not used to having a good screen lol. Thank you for the help :)

Darnassus
11-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Welcome to true 1080p ;d