PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G20 Different Editions

Donastre
11-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi guys :D

I have a question about the different editions of the ROG G20 AJ.

I live in switzerland and here is where my question starts. At the stores around me there are only editions with the GTX 780 and a 2 TB Harddrive. That gpu is nice, though i would really love a GTX 970 or even 980. On the other side, i will never need 2 TB of space on my Harddrive.

So i googled for a version with less space on the harddrive and an even better graphics card. This is what i found ASUS G20AJ-DE028S. Sadly, this version can only be purchased in Germany...

So my question is, will the G20AJ-DE028S be available in Switzerland aswell at a later point?

Greetings

Donastre

_
12-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Best contact you retailers to ask them to stock your specific build that you want. The retailers decide what they think their customers want.

KrazyPilot
12-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Best contact you retailers to ask them to stock your specific build that you want. The retailers decide what they think their customers want.

I am pretty upset that this is the case with such a great product.. Wouldnt be more wise if not more consumer friendly, if the consumer was able to select the specifications of their own G20? It would be way more competitive against Alienwares Alpha, of which you can almost have this ability, especially since you can buy straight from their site.. Plus, it would give you a better picture as to which product specs sell the most, in most markets as a whole.. I.E. Giving the consumers the control in which specs they feel they can use, and the ones that sell the best, just sell those pre designed to the retailer? .... Just a thought....

_
12-17-2014, 07:50 AM
I am pretty upset that this is the case with such a great product.. Wouldnt be more wise if not more consumer friendly, if the consumer was able to select the specifications of their own G20? It would be way more competitive against Alienwares Alpha, of which you can almost have this ability, especially since you can buy straight from their site.. Plus, it would give you a better picture as to which product specs sell the most, in most markets as a whole.. I.E. Giving the consumers the control in which specs they feel they can use, and the ones that sell the best, just sell those pre designed to the retailer? .... Just a thought....

We do not have a sales-channel like Alienware in the US sorry. Instead we work with some great retail partners who provide competitive prices and sometimes customization. The downside of Alienware is that you will not get best value because only they sell their products.
As a company that sells components, we find that users who want the degree of spec level changes rather than off-the-shelf buying often build their own or work with system builders to customize more deeply.

Meds
12-19-2014, 01:51 PM
I also live in switzerland and I should admit that it's pretty difficult to get the best configuration of Asus G20 there is only (very) low configurations available, moreover resellers are not capable to give valuable informations concerning the availability of this product, they even don't know if they will have it or not. Personnaly I will try to be delivered from another country where they have the ASUS G20AJ-DE029S and ASUS G20AJ-DE028S in stock... With of course taxes at the border and high delivery cost, or buy an alienware if it's too expensive.