PDA

View Full Version : Audio in MF7.

HappyBuddhaman
12-02-2014, 03:15 AM
Anyone having an issue with the audio fading in and out while listening through headphones using the onboard audio with the MF7? Headphones are connected to the Front Base Panel, not all music does it, it varies.

Sounds like it's trying to "overbalance" the music. Using Windows 8.1 Pro, happens through the Music app in Windows 8 and Windows Media Player. MB / FB / and audio drivers are all up to date. Used the headphones on a different device and can not replicate the issue.

flyinion
12-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Anyone having an issue with the audio fading in and out while listening through headphones using the onboard audio with the MF7? Headphones are connected to the Front Base Panel, not all music does it, it varies.

Sounds like it's trying to "overbalance" the music. Using Windows 8.1 Pro, happens through the Music app in Windows 8 and Windows Media Player. MB / FB / and audio drivers are all up to date. Used the headphones on a different device and can not replicate the issue.

I haven't played with the various effects and such available in the control panel, did you maybe turn on some kind of volume leveling effect and it does a poor job keeping up with level changes? I haven't had this happen yet on mine running 150 ohm headphones autodetected as "extreme" through the front panel using HD Audio mode & connector. I'd heard of similar problems with the mic (also not happened yet) that were apparently related to using the HD Audio vs. AC97 setting & connector, but not headphone volume.

f1schu
12-06-2014, 04:57 PM

Make sure any surround sound settings are turned off, you don't want any of that **** when listening to music and it also sometimes can cause the audio to fade in and out. Also turn off any settings that auto adjust levels.