PDA

View Full Version : G750 won't boot up

scattered666
12-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Hello all, just bought a G750JM-DS71 literally yesterday, and in the middle of playing WoW the laptop turned off, and since then will not boot up at all. :( Push power button, light on power button stays on as well as the led lights for WiFi and numlock. Nothing shows on screen, and it doesn't sounds like there is any hard drive activity. Any suggestions before I start the painful process of sending it back to Asus? Thanks!

hmscott
12-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Hello all, just bought a G750JM-DS71 literally yesterday, and in the middle of playing WoW the laptop turned off, and since then will not boot up at all. :( Push power button, light on power button stays on as well as the led lights for WiFi and numlock. Nothing shows on screen, and it doesn't sounds like there is any hard drive activity. Any suggestions before I start the painful process of sending it back to Asus? Thanks!

scattered666, sounds like an RMA.

The only suggestions are the usual, check power cables, check battery connections, try a power reset - pull AC cable and battery and hold down Power Button for 1 minute then put it back together and see if that helped.

If you were watching the battery charge around that point, and it was full then it isn't the power circuit but another component failure.

Try resetting the AC adapter by unplugging it from the wall and replugging it in. Some have mentioned after they unplug their laptop from the power adapter and plug it back in the AC adapter seems to be asleep and you need to unplug it from AC and plug it back in to start the AC Power and battery charging again.

Asus RMA
https://vip.asus.com

Create a login, register your laptop, and file the Technical Inquiry with the details and ask for RMA.

Good luck!, and please come back and let us know how Asus treats you, and how it works out. :)

scattered666
12-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for your help, I started the RMA process last night, I'll let you know how it goes!

Joystick
12-03-2014, 10:54 PM

Remove all the RAM that you can remove and try again.

hmscott
12-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Thanks for your help, I started the RMA process last night, I'll let you know how it goes!

scattered666, on 2nd read, if you just got it yesterday, you should return to the seller for a new one, don't RMA to Asus unless you are outside the return Window of the seller.

scattered666
12-04-2014, 01:40 AM
scattered666, on 2nd read, if you just got it yesterday, you should return to the seller for a new one, don't RMA to Asus unless you are outside the return Window of the seller.

I didn't get warranty from the store, I wasn't sure if I could return it, but I suppose it's worth a try!

scattered666
12-04-2014, 02:10 AM
Remove all the RAM that you can remove and try again.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that did not work!

hmscott
12-04-2014, 03:55 AM
I didn't get warranty from the store, I wasn't sure if I could return it, but I suppose it's worth a try!

scattered666, yes, return it like a sack of bad potatoes :)

Usually you have 7 - 15, even 30 days to return. If it is faulty you can request another or a full cash refund.

If they give you static about it - or try to charge you a restocking fee - remind them it is unsuitable to purpose advertised - it is non-functional.

If you change you mind and don't want it, you often need to pay a 10%-20% restocking fee - you don't pay a restocking if it is DOA, or fails within the return period.

Escalate up the management chain, past the sales person to their manager, even the store manager until they give you a new unit or a full refund.

Please let us know what the name of the seller is and how they treat you.

scattered666
12-05-2014, 07:42 AM
scattered666, yes, return it like a sack of bad potatoes :)

Usually you have 7 - 15, even 30 days to return. If it is faulty you can request another or a full cash refund.

If they give you static about it - or try to charge you a restocking fee - remind them it is unsuitable to purpose advertised - it is non-functional.

If you change you mind and don't want it, you often need to pay a 10%-20% restocking fee - you don't pay a restocking if it is DOA, or fails within the return period.

Escalate up the management chain, past the sales person to their manager, even the store manager until they give you a new unit or a full refund.

Please let us know what the name of the seller is and how they treat you.

Returned it tonight! Got it from Fry's Electronics, no issue returning. Picked up the same model, but with a bit beefier video card this time. Techs at the store said they've seen some problems with the GTX 860M. The person that helped me told me specifically that I have another 15 days if something goes wrong or I don't like it for whatever reason. So first night in, hopefully no issues this time!

hmscott
12-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Returned it tonight! Got it from Fry's Electronics, no issue returning. Picked up the same model, but with a bit beefier video card this time. Techs at the store said they've seen some problems with the GTX 860M. The person that helped me told me specifically that I have another 15 days if something goes wrong or I don't like it for whatever reason. So first night in, hopefully no issues this time!

scattered666, congratulations on getting a G751JT or JY? Either one is way beefier than the 860m.

Please come back and let us know how it works out this time :)