PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G751 spare power bricks / adapters... which are compatible?

Richdog
12-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi guys,

I need a couple of spare power bricks for my ASUS G751 and even after googling I am not sure which are compatible with this laptop. Are the G750 versions compatible? :confused:

Can anyone please kindly point me in the right direction as to where I can buy a compatible brand? Doesn't have to be an original, just a reliable compatible version capable of powering this beast. :D

WoodburyMan
12-03-2014, 03:32 PM
I just purchases one for my laptop directly from Asus. It's exactly the same model Delta Electronics as the original cord that came with my G751JY. Asus uses a 230watt monster adapter which is VERY hard to find elsewhere. In the U.S. you can buy it directly from their eStore. I purchased mine and it arrived via FedEx within 5 days or so. This is the link I purchased it from. http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6517 Asus' US eStore site is VERY slow for some reason, but it does eventually load. For $90 it's not bad for a OEM cord, especially being 230watts. I've seen Dell and other brand 90wat go for that, and they charge $150+ for their 200watt+ cords for their Precision series laptops. Asus' price is very fair.

Specs are 230watts, 19.5v 11.8amp. I believe it's a 5.5mm/2.5mm size plug as well.

If you are outside the U.S., Asus has a separate store called Asus Shop where you can purchase it as well. http://eshop.asus.com/en-GB/computer/accessories/adapters/asus-g750jh-230w-adapter-gbp-en-gb-90xb01qn-mpw020.html

Finding a compatible 3rd party adapter is very hard. For the price of $90... I would just get Original.

Richdog
12-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Ok thanks for the suggestion much appreciated.

If anyone else knows any working compatibles I am still open to more suggestions!

fidelity101
12-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Is there any other place I can buy this AC adapter? The estore keeps giving me a security error saying the website security certificate has expired.