PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G751 League of Legends at 7fps WTF?

deMimsy
12-04-2014, 03:39 AM
So, after receiving the G751JY-DH72X laptop, I promptly tried to run League of Legends; however, the game only runs at 7fps and even lags in the main screen. I do not feel a 3k laptop should be having these problems fresh out of the box, but maybe I need to configure something first? The only thing i did after purchasing, was update the graphics drivers and install League of Legends. Maybe someone smarter than me can tell me what I did wrong?

geneticweapon
12-04-2014, 05:01 AM
Have you played any other games on it? If so, how is the fps on those?

ARX7Arbalest
12-04-2014, 06:51 AM
I have played League of Legends on my G751JT and it runs at 60fps (capped) for me at 1080p and high. Did you check if you are on some kind of power saver? Check if you are on somekind of power saver on Windows and in Nvidia.

D_Pain
12-04-2014, 07:24 AM
I'm not pretty sure but would there be a possibility that you were running LOL using the integrated GPU from Intel?
I think the integrated GPU was disabled by default but maybe somehow you were using that.

_
12-04-2014, 07:30 AM
I'm not pretty sure but would there be a possibility that you were running LOL using the integrated GPU from Intel?
I think the integrated GPU was disabled by default but maybe somehow you were using that.

It's not possible - G751 doesn't have Optimus to run on Intel HD Graphics.

Please check GeForce Experience and the Nvidia Control panel work OK, and perhaps other games work OK.

Richdog
12-04-2014, 09:20 AM
So, after receiving the G751JY-DH72X laptop, I promptly tried to run League of Legends; however, the game only runs at 7fps and even lags in the main screen. I do not feel a 3k laptop should be having these problems fresh out of the box, but maybe I need to configure something first? The only thing i did after purchasing, was update the graphics drivers and install League of Legends. Maybe someone smarter than me can tell me what I did wrong?

Did you update to the latest drivers from the ASUS site, or the Nvidia site? if it was the latter, then try going back to the ASUS ones, as it could be a driver issue.

cl-Albert
12-04-2014, 05:47 PM

Not sure if it matters much, but are you running on AC power or battery power and have you tried both ways?

deMimsy
12-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Wow, here I thought I wasnt getting any help because no one responded, but it turns out the forum was not giving notification through email like I asked it to. First off, sorry for ignoring everyone's attempt at help. I think the most usefull suggestion was to revert to the asus drivers as I did update the drivers through the nvidia panel. I will try that fix and get back to you. Also, yes, power settings set to max, and running on AC power(have also tried with DC power)

seagle7
12-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Wow, here I thought I wasnt getting any help because no one responded, but it turns out the forum was not giving notification through email like I asked it to. First off, sorry for ignoring everyone's attempt at help. I think the most usefull suggestion was to revert to the asus drivers as I did update the drivers through the nvidia panel. I will try that fix and get back to you. Also, yes, power settings set to max, and running on AC power(have also tried with DC power)

Like somebody said earlier, try other games on the laptop, if you have the same results, then you have a problem, if not it has something to do with lol only, so uninstall it completely and reinstall it. My cousin has a a G750JH (with a GTX780) and he's already playing lol at more than 80 fps, all settings maxed out, so you should have at least 100 fps or so

deMimsy
12-15-2014, 08:39 PM
@Richdog You were absolutely right, reverting back to the ASUS VGA drivers fixed this issue, Thank you very much! I was worried I would have to send in my laptop after setting up everything with proprietary company information which I would have to scrub.

deMimsy
12-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Sooo....apparently reverting the drivers didnt fully fix the problem. 20minutes into a game, and my fps dropped from 60 to 7 again and has stayed there ever since. Here is the kicker though: As long as the ALT key is held down, my fps goes back to 60 but as soon as it is released it drops back to 7. Any more suggestions?

seagle7
12-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Sooo....apparently reverting the drivers didnt fully fix the problem. 20minutes into a game, and my fps dropped from 60 to 7 again and has stayed there ever since. Here is the kicker though: As long as the ALT key is held down, my fps goes back to 60 but as soon as it is released it drops back to 7. Any more suggestions?

Try another game please, and then let us know if you have the same issues.

that thing with the "Alt" key isn't right in my opinion, How are the fans at the back, do you hear them? Is the laptop hot when you play?

blueyurble
02-14-2015, 10:00 PM
do you have vertical sync activated? if yes, you shouldn't.

Rares95
02-15-2015, 01:54 AM
Play Dota 2. This is a sign from God.