PDA

View Full Version : G750JS - C drive (SSD) too small - any way to extend into D (HHD)?

Luminous
12-05-2014, 03:54 PM
ASUS G750JS - Have a lot of 2D and 3D imaging software and discovered that too many products default to only installing on the "C" drive which is 95.3 GB.

My main issue is, I have to do some architectural rendering of animation video that can only render to the "C" drive and I don't have enough room with 15 GB left.

Supposedly this laptop has approx. 1 TB of HD, but in truth it's all divided into four drives, and the SSD C drive is way too tiny for any normal laptop. (Wish I'd realized that before purchasing.) My D drive (HHD = 465 GB) has plenty of room so I would like some solution that allows me to allocate some of that HHD space to the SSD "C" drive.

Does anyone know a solution???

My question is not really about "merging" HHD drives such as this thread asks...
Anyone knows how to merge C & D disk/drive into one?
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51245-Anyone-knows-how-to-merge-C-amp-D-disk-drive-into-one&highlight=extend+drive

Thanks for any help and insights!
Diane

GottiBoi55
12-06-2014, 07:26 AM
ASUS G750JS - Have a lot of 2D and 3D imaging software and discovered that too many products default to only installing on the "C" drive which is 95.3 GB.

My main issue is, I have to do some architectural rendering of animation video that can only render to the "C" drive and I don't have enough room with 15 GB left.

Supposedly this laptop has approx. 1 TB of HD, but in truth it's all divided into four drives, and the SSD C drive is way too tiny for any normal laptop. (Wish I'd realized that before purchasing.) My D drive (HHD = 465 GB) has plenty of room so I would like some solution that allows me to allocate some of that HHD space to the SSD "C" drive.

Does anyone know a solution???

My question is not really about "merging" HHD drives such as this thread asks...
Anyone knows how to merge C & D disk/drive into one?
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51245-Anyone-knows-how-to-merge-C-amp-D-disk-drive-into-one&highlight=extend+drive

Thanks for any help and insights!
Diane

Hi Luminous, and welcome to ROG forum.

Does your G750JS have the two 128GB M.2 SSD X 2 in RAID0 (256GB total) divided into two partitions?