PDA

View Full Version : GL771 Video Problem

lyship
12-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Hi,

I am new here, I just got a new GL771 the other day. Everything works great on it but when I got wow installed and tried to play it. I was getting line and a lot of screen blinking and even going complete black for like 3 sec before coming back. There is even some flickering going one too. Its was only when playing wow. Played another game from steam and worked fine. I updated the drives, noticed that I could not get the most up to date one to install on it though. Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions I could give a try to fix it?

dbarbarian
02-27-2015, 07:25 PM
I had this same issue with WoW, Guild Wars 2 and League of Legends. Where after loading the game it will flicker the screen on and off for a few seconds or display lines across the screen. I had it serviced already and they replaced the motherboard... Just hours after getting it back the problem started happening again. Called ASUS again and they will services it again.

N73Raider
03-09-2015, 01:50 AM
I think this was a known issue with the GL771. I've returned my unit immediately when I noticed it. The shop where I bought it is willing to replace it with new one, they first tried to immediately update drivers but it doesn't fix the issue. I'm so afraid that this issue will be present again in the new unit GL771, I swapped it with the G751. Good thing my new one, the G751 doesn't have issues as far as I know. I only have the video issue when I installed the Leap Motion device I bought separately. But It was fixed when I restored my device to the restore point before I got the Leap motion. So sad I may never get to be using the Leap Motion device for now. I also haven't tried to update my Nvidia 970mdriver, I feel afraid to update now because the driver I have now is still ok.

jonahau
05-18-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm having this same issue while playing lol, in the begining was really lightly and now after almost a month its really bad and screen going black for seconds, the thing is I buy it from the internet and kind of time consuming and have to pay for shipping if I want it guarantee, is this issue go worst? because I thing I could leave with it