PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G20 RMA Question

CrumbDaddy
12-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi all,

I recently purchased an ROG G20AJ gaming desktop at the end of October. The computer seemed work well for a couple weeks before it began crashing when running games. I could play a game for about one minute before the monitor screen went black, and the computer automatically restarted itself. When I checked the event log, I found a multitude of warnings that would pop up right before the shutdown, stating that certain drivers failed to load, that the application was blocked from accessing graphics hardware, etc. I ensured all my drivers were up to date, tried reinstalling and testing each game, but the issue persisted. I eventually got in touch with tech support, who suggested the same procedure that I did. Lastly, they suggested that I perform a factory restore. I did so, allowed the computer to restart, then allowed it Windows to update and restart again. However, once the computer had restarted, it no longer recognized any devices plugged into the USB ports, leaving me unable to even log in to the computer, let alone play the games I bought it for. Long story short, after hours of troubleshooting and looking for solutions, I decided to use ASUS's RMA service to get it fixed.

Has anyone had any similar experience with their G20 desktop? I had only owned the computer for about two weeks before all these problems started to happen, which leads me to believe there might be a hardware issue.

Does anyone know roughly how long the RMA process in the US takes from start to finish? I sent in the computer today via Fedex.

Thanks in advance!

toronto699
12-07-2014, 10:19 PM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53630-NEED-HELP-with-my-ROG-G20AJ
3 or 4 weeks for rma
does the post above sound like your problem?

CrumbDaddy
12-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Yup, sounds very similar.

Unfortunately, I got it through NewEgg and they would only exchange it within the first thirty days, so I had to send it to ASUS.

Any idea if they would just ship me a new unit? I've heard a few horror stories related to RMAs and getting refurbished/defective parts returned, so I'd like to just avoid that whole hassle.

Thanks for the quick response!

toronto699
12-07-2014, 10:45 PM
they will fix the unit , just like new , asus is pretty good, I advise u keep all documents related to your issue , emails ect , this is the 4th or 5th G20 that ive seen with similar issues . ull be ok with asus , when u get your G20 back let us know how it all works out.

CrumbDaddy
01-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update on how things are going: I sent in my G20 via fedex, which was delivered and signed for on Dec 15. The RMA showed up in the system a day or two later. Up until about a week ago, the RMA page said that repairs were in progress, as I expected. However, as of last week, when I input my RMA number into the website, it now tells me that the system can not find any records of my inquiry. As of today, my computer has now been at the repair center for three weeks.

Needless to say, I am a bit concerned about what is going on. I speculated that this might mean that the repairs have been complete and the machine is being sent back; however, I would think that I would at least have received an email or some sort of notice if that were the case. The fact that I haven't been told anything is a bit troubling.

toronto699
01-05-2015, 05:30 PM
try to contact asus is your best option u have email address or phone # for RMA ?
maybe cl-Albert from asus can help PM him with your RMA info
http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?105838-cl-Albert
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54526-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide

doctorwinters
01-12-2015, 03:22 AM
My G20 crashes the same way after 10 minutes of use with the dedicated video card

toronto699
01-12-2015, 04:26 AM
doctorwinters there is a new bios on the G20 driver page , some say it fixed the problem
http://www.asus.com/Desktops/ROG_G20AJ/HelpDesk_Download/ bios version 601

jazy27
06-21-2015, 08:27 AM
i am having the same problem as my g20 was starting up then it turned off and powered on and then was fine until yesterday as off now the nvida card was crashing and now the pc will freeze on start up so now unusable i have only had it about 3 weeks and form day one i had problems

jazy27
06-21-2015, 08:28 AM
it all so says something about a dlc watchdog thing ?

Ravenholme
06-21-2015, 07:09 PM
i had a weird lag crash issue when i first started, i removed virtuwatt and i disabled the intel gpu in windows device manager that way it always went to my Nvidia. everything's been smooth since then. upgraded quite a bit since then too. it's stable.

Welsh Whoopee
01-16-2016, 08:45 AM
yeah it seems a lot are affected by the graphics card issues, can you people above please state the graphics you have and what is the watts on the power brick that is powering your graphics card power port, if your unsure then state both of the power packs. it seems the power pack may be under powered for your graphics card and is shutting down for safety