PDA

View Full Version : ASUS g750js nVida gfx problems i need help!

gentlemanspot
12-08-2014, 12:00 PM
i got a new laptop yay!

only i have a been having a few issues with then alittle bubble pops up say that the gfx kernel recovering.

this happens when i play any game form tf2 to wow i have downgraded and upgraded the gfx drivers i have uninstalled all the nvidia stuff and reinstalled the drivers from the nvida website

im started to run out of ideas to fix this issues as i cant play games atm and that's why i got this laptop

below is a screen from tf2 this is what happens all the time!

any help would be great

ASUS ROG g750js-t4193h
GEFORCE GTX 870m

hmscott
12-08-2014, 12:11 PM
i got a new laptop yay!
only i have a been having a few issues with then alittle bubble pops up say that the gfx kernel recovering.
this happens when i play any game form tf2 to wow i have downgraded and upgraded the gfx drivers i have uninstalled all the nvidia stuff and reinstalled the drivers from the nvida website
im started to run out of ideas to fix this issues as i cant play games atm and that's why i got this laptop
below is a screen from tf2 this is what happens all the time!
any help would be great
ASUS ROG g750js-t4193h
GEFORCE GTX 870m

gentlemanspot, sorry to say, but those are the classic symptoms of bad GPU hardware. Nvidia driver crashing and restarting, along with corrupted video. and it is happening in all games, not just one in particular. And, you tried other Nvidia drivers. You covered all the debugging steps.

If you are within the return period of the seller, return it for a new one. Preferable to returning to Asus, that takes longer.

If you are past the seller return period. usually 7-14 days - sometimes as long as 30 days, RMA it to Asus to replace the GPU.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry with details of your problem and debugging, ask for repair RMA.

Please let us know how it works out :)

gentlemanspot
12-08-2014, 12:29 PM
thanks

yeah i had that feeling,

i am past the sellers return of 14 days the 1st few weeks i had it i used it for office type stuff, from what i had foud online it seems to be a driver issue but Ive used all of the drivers i can ha ha

i will file a Technical Inquiry now i just want my laptop working as it should

hmscott
12-08-2014, 12:51 PM
thanks
yeah i had that feeling,
i am past the sellers return of 14 days the 1st few weeks i had it i used it for office type stuff, from what i had foud online it seems to be a driver issue but Ive used all of the drivers i can ha ha
i will file a Technical Inquiry now i just want my laptop working as it should

gentlemanspot, it might be worth a call to the vendor, if you have a good relationship with them you might get a swap out of a new one. Explain you were busy working, and couldn't test it till now. The problem likely existed out of the box, but didn't show up until you applied a gaming load to the GPU.

Good luck.