PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard on it's last legs.

Darnassus
12-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Sadly my Keyboard is dying, my backspace key, and a few others, especially my Q key are now dying, the keys still work, it's the tiles that're breaking.

I've so far glued the plastic 'tabs' that keep the tile down on the scissor. Soon to place it back on and hit back with how it turns out

I'm just upset to find the keyboard isn't gamer grade.. I mean, sure, use cheap parts to make an affordable(?) laptop, but.. not the keyboard, anything but the keyboard.

Anyone know where I can find a G750 keyboard deck? I forgot where, they sell for $80-100

Darnassus
12-09-2014, 10:25 AM
... repair successful, works flawlessly. Considering gluing all my tiles now to make sure those tabs don't snap off..

gazzacbr
12-09-2014, 12:58 PM
hi,
mine is not showing any signs of wear after 1 year but since getting far cry 4 i have been hammering the keyboard more than usual (damm those pesky honey badgers, and the wolves)
i am looking to get a usb gaming keyboard in the next week or so as a laptop saviour.
any recommendations?

Darnassus
12-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Darn to be honest I've never been a USB keyboard user. hmscott does it though, completely blows my mind. He'd probably have a good recommendation as I'd probably say things Razer.

I just wish the keyboard was much more sturdy. Out of all my laptops, especially my HP Dv5 (which I have absolutely no idea how I haven't mutilated the keyboard) which I played hardcore WoW sessions, Warcraft 3, World of Tanks, everything for FIVE YEARS.. not one key broke. I STILL have it, too! The only thing borked on the unit is... no surprise, the battery life.

Why aren't the keyboards sturdy..

Darnassus
12-09-2014, 05:14 PM
6 hours later. Key's 100% good. Still sad I had to glue it.. though I'll forget I even did it in a day or so. Feels no different..