PDA

View Full Version : Screen flickering when on battery

rmuniak
12-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone,

I got new g751jy over the weekend and started the testing.

I was doing recharge of the battery and noticed that screen flickers when working on battery - it changes brightness randomly up an down. Does anyone noticed the same issue? I'm still runing BIOS 202. The issue doesn't exist when plugged in.

i also noticed some high temperatures on CPU - maximum was like 93 celcius degree under big stress (Crysis 3 i think) which kinda worries me - does BIOS update changes the temperatures and speeds up the coolers?

Thanks for the help.

rmuniak
12-10-2014, 02:12 AM
I'm replying myself to my own post since i already found a solution for randomly changing brightness. It looks like i should first ask uncle google than turn on panic mode and move to rog forums :)

Instructions to turn this off are as follow:
a) Press Windows Key + X, click on Control Panel.
b) Click on Power Options, Click on Change Plan settings under “Preferred Plans”
c) Click on “Change Advanced Power Settings”.
d) Select the Balanced Active option from the dropdown menu.
e) Expand Display, Click on Enable Adaptive Brightness.
f) select OFF for On Battery and Plugged in options
g) Press Apply and OK.
h) Restart your computer.

Regarding temperatures, i installed BIOS 205 and did some stress testing. 91 CPU (with GPU hitting only 76) was max which still kinda bothers me - it's really close to throttling threshold... After few months of usage, when some dust will come into heating pipes and thermal paste will loose it abilities this will mean troubles...

Anyone did tests of temperatures using some cooling board?