PDA

View Full Version : G551 Drivers

Artyy
12-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Hello friends,

A dear friend of mine has bought the G551 for me for Christmas and it should be here pretty soon! Curiously, I decided to go look at the ASUS driver updates page and I was confused as to why the VGA update on ASUS's website is 4 months old compared to the latest NVIDIA version which is a month old ? Also, I should be downloading every ASUS update there is for my laptop right ?

Cheers!

Darnassus
12-10-2014, 05:41 PM
If it's working, don't update it. But the NVidia Driver is fine. ( In some cases )

If you go to the latest NVidia driver and see problems, just revert. Don't forget to note down what version you currently possess.

Artyy
12-10-2014, 05:49 PM
If it's working, don't update it. But the NVidia Driver is fine. ( In some cases )

If you go to the latest NVidia driver and see problems, just revert. Don't forget to note down what version you currently possess.

Will do! I'll update the latest drivers via Nvidia and should anything happen, I'll revert. Should I download all the other drivers as well (Sound, Bluetooth, etc..) from the ASUS website to be up-to-date or just leave them be ? I see there's also an Intel driver update in there too.