PDA

View Full Version : Why bios 221, 222, 223 don't work with the G75VW

johnl12
12-11-2014, 06:41 PM
So these versions of the bios would boot my system direct into the bios screen. Can't get pass the bios screen. Now these are suppose to be comparable with my the G75VW. Their right on the download page. Why am i having problems with this versions? I was running 218 and would like to restore it but its not on the download page and the only bios on that page that I can run is 210. I need a newer bios.

cl-Albert
12-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Did your notebook originally come with Win7 or Win8 and which do you have installed right now?

johnl12
12-12-2014, 04:03 AM
Did your notebook originally come with Win7 or Win8 and which do you have installed right now?

I believe it can with win8 but the guy I bought it from had win8.1. I got the key of the BIOS but the OS did not accept it. I had a Windows 8.1 key I wasn't using so I used it to activate the OS. I think this guy really screw me. Luck I do IT Support for a living.

I will be do a fresh install this weekend.

I did upgrade the BIOS the first time via the windows utility. Since then I been using the BIOS EZflash. Everytime I try to flash 221, 222, 223 the system boots directly to the BIOS. I can recovery but only with the 207 and 210 version.

Clintlgm
12-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Yes 210 is the last safe one to install. I don't know of any improvements in 222 or 223 at least I don't seem to have any issued with 210 and windows 8.1.1 pro. Many Bricked notebooks trying to install 222 and 223. Look at it this way Please explain what is in 223 or 222 that you need that isn't already in 210?

cl-Albert
12-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I believe it can with win8 but the guy I bought it from had win8.1. I got the key of the BIOS but the OS did not accept it. I had a Windows 8.1 key I wasn't using so I used it to activate the OS. I think this guy really screw me. Luck I do IT Support for a living.

I will be do a fresh install this weekend.

I did upgrade the BIOS the first time via the windows utility. Since then I been using the BIOS EZflash. Everytime I try to flash 221, 222, 223 the system boots directly to the BIOS. I can recovery but only with the 207 and 210 version.

If you check under the notebook, there should either be a Win7 Product Key label, or just a Win8 sticker to help you identify which one came with your notebook, but if you check your bios settings, we can probably figure it out this way.

Not sure if you just want to stick to the 210 bios version, but keep an eye in the bios under 'security' for the secure boot setting and 'boot' for 'enable launch CSM' to see if they appear or disappear with the different bios versions.
I would think Win8 would not care about these settings, but if you were running Win7, I would check them more carefully, so may not make much difference in this case.

Anyway, maybe just something to keep an eye on if you are still having any problems booting to devices and if you change the secure boot and launch CSM settings, save and exit the bios before re-entering the bios to check the boot devices again.

Hope this helps.