PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G771JM Graphics Problems

memito
12-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Hy guys.
I just bought this notebook and i have a problem with it. I tried to instal the driver for my graphic card (GTX 860M) from Nvidia web , and it sais that it's not compatible. So i instaled the drivers from asus website, it worked. But in games i have low FPS. For example: in League of Legends High/Very High i have 20-35 FPS. Just once happend that i had 150 FPS on Vey High the hole game and i dont know how i did that.
I have 2 graphic cards - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
I think the problem is that, when i need my Nvidia graphic card, it doesnt work so he runs only with the Intel one
I tried on another game- World of Warcraft. Same problem - max 25-30 FPS on "Fair Details". WTF i have 70 FPS on my K model on Fair Details.
Disccused with support from Nvidia but ofc they passed me to tehnical bla bla lba........and didnt get an answer.
I didnt update the BIOS that should be my last move cause i dont know what to do
So if u have any ideeas will be great. Cause i see tests on the new games with this model, and i cant play even the old ones.
PS:Just bought this junk 2 days ago....
Cheers

TheMadTitan
12-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Hi! Did you try to set the options in the Nvidia control panel? Go to program settings and add a profile for each of those games, and then make sure that the 860m is selected, not the integrated card.

I had similar issues, and this solved it :) Hope it works!

Moarteak
12-27-2014, 08:04 AM
I did that but i still can't play Starcraft 2 with high details. I have to keep it in medium to have a decent fps and for this config to keep it medium it's just weird.

costin.pirosca
02-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Hello all!

I have the same problem with Asus G771J. I can't seem to enable the NVidia GTX860M with any drivers for windows 8.1. More than that i tried plugin in a monitor via HDMI cable. If i do so when the laptop is running the monitor is detected but i have no output on it. If i restart it then the boot screen is not appearing and the laptop freezes. I have to force shutdown and unplug the monitor for it to enter boot loading. I have to say that my copy of windows 8.1 is original. In addition if i disable the Intel 4600 from Device Manager then the laptop is running with no graphic video adapter. The resolution is very low. Did you manage to find some fix for this problem?

Thank you!
Costin

Mark@ASUS
02-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Greetings memito,

Just curious, do you have the notebook set to performance mode while the power supply is plugged in? I would suggest doing this if you have not done so already. I would also default graphics to the game itself rather than letting the Nvidia Control Panel take over this task.

Regards,

Mark

Titan5011
02-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Have this exact same problem with the same Laptop. G771J. I can not get it to switch to the 860M no matter what I do. Power mode is in Performance. Nvidia Control Panel 3d settings is set right.(I tried auto select and manually setting the game to the 860m). I've been searching for hours on how to fix this to no avail. It just refuses to use anything other than integrated.

ing.federico.rossi
02-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Have this exact same problem with the same Laptop. G771J. I can not get it to switch to the 860M no matter what I do. Power mode is in Performance. Nvidia Control Panel 3d settings is set right.(I tried auto select and manually setting the game to the 860m). I've been searching for hours on how to fix this to no avail. It just refuses to use anything other than integrated.

you will never succeed. I tried 12 differents tricks on my G750, including bios edit, passing to win 7, editing the registry, using various compatibiliy modes, but GTA 4, starcraft 2 and Photoshop (my most used programs) will never use the 880m. Never. More recent games may function better, but not always. I strongly suggest to change laptop with one without Nvidia Optimus. I can't belive it even exists: you have to avoid it as a plague.

Tensormaster

Fudnut85
02-24-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm having low frame rate issues with my G771J that I just purchased. It is, however, using the GTX 860 card as indicated in the task bar but frame rate is crap. Also having difficulty installing the GPU Tweak. It says it didn't install correctly so uninstall and reinstall to get the same problem. F**king annoyed.

Titan5011
03-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Yeah it would be nice to get an actual update on this problem before I return the laptop. There's no reason why it should have a problem using the 880m.

Reiban117
03-16-2015, 09:43 AM
ASUS realy needs to fix this asap because this laptop is broken otherwise, Cities: Skylines and Natzi zombie army 2 are unplayable. have tried everything but nothing seems to work.
DOTA 2 HoTS and CSGO seems to be using the 860M because they are running great.

memito
03-25-2015, 04:00 PM
Sorrry guys... for late respond
Thank you all for help.
I found the problem. For me was the Intel Driver from asus website, it seems that if i instal the intel graphic card driver and the nvidia one too, it will not switch. That was the only way to make the nvidia card work. I installed the only the nvidia driver from asus website, because in that time the drivers from Nvidia website didnt worked.
Now it seems that Nvidia new driver for GTX 860M , detects your card , and you can instal the driver .
So problem fixed.
To be sure that your PCI is switched between your card use techpowerup GPU-Z, you will find it here on forums.
Have fun :D