PDA

View Full Version : g751jy video artifacts on screen

djzolika
12-12-2014, 03:03 AM
my new g751jy has some weird (hopefully win 8.1 related) issue . Every other boot up takes much longer than a few secs and when it goes to desktop some weird square blocks appear randomly on screen. they flicker even around cursor . I have seen failed videochips before that produced similar effect but this goes away after a simple restart!!! I don't have video card related issues not even on heavy load (few hours of non stop gaming) . its not NVidia driver issue since I have had this right after 1st boot ! driver has been updated ever since. I don't want to reinstall windows just to test it out . HELP!!

Morphin
04-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Exactly the same problem this morning.
I stopped my computer (I had no problems since I bought it 4 days ago), it was plugged and connected to a tv on hdmi.
3hours later I was in advance at my work and I started it to see the end of a movie. And from the windows login there was thos strange white square all over the screen, blinking. When I launched my video player, there was no problem in full screen, only the windows desktop was affected.
I restarted the laptop and no problems.
My drivers are up to date.

ReDFoX2200
04-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Could you run some V-RAM tests and see if every things looks okay?

Corporal
04-08-2015, 09:46 AM
I don't want to reinstall windows just to test it out
it is the best way to make sure that it is a Hardware issue.

Reinstall Windows, run some tests and try to reproduce it again, if the problem persists - it is a hardware problem and you should return the laptop ASAP.