PDA

View Full Version : G750JM Windows 8.1 USB 2.0 external HDD random disconnects

kruge99
12-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Hi,

I've found via Google a lot of reports of the top left USB 3.0 ports on several models of Asus notebooks randomly disconnecting devices but I've not seen a stickied post from Asus addressing this issue and/or providing a fix. This issue seems to be going on for a few years almost and it seems strange to me that it is not sticked here.

Can anyone point out to a response from Asus that clearly defines the correct action to take to remedy this issue? Thank you ahead of time.

Best Regards,
Todd.

Areseru
12-13-2014, 02:04 AM
Hi,

I've found via Google a lot of reports of the top left USB 3.0 ports on several models of Asus notebooks randomly disconnecting devices but I've not seen a stickied post from Asus addressing this issue and/or providing a fix. This issue seems to be going on for a few years almost and it seems strange to me that it is not sticked here.

Can anyone point out to a response from Asus that clearly defines the correct action to take to remedy this issue? Thank you ahead of time.

Best Regards,
Todd.
Yeah, actually I have the same problem from some time by now, which didn't happen before...
My mouse randomly disconnects (mostly while I'm playing) and don't know why, probably some hardware issue (I suppose...)

kruge99
12-18-2014, 02:16 PM
...I'm surprised there are so few comments on this issue since it seems to be a problem across several notebook models and appears to plague both Windows 7 and 8 operating systems.

chwiggum
12-29-2014, 12:59 AM
I have also noticed this issue when I plug in my USB stick up there out of the way. I adapted simply by using the adjacent USB port. Odd that this might be a long time issue.

wahyudil
09-20-2015, 06:39 PM
I bought my newest ASUS latop type, G751 JY ROG, laptop a month ago. and the upper left USB disconnects all the time, especially 5-10 minutes after the ex-HDD plugged in.

at first, I thought this was my ex HDD fault, because not all of my HDD did this. I have 3 WD passport HDD, 2 of them disconnect all the time.

and now my right USB also disconnects with my WD My Book HDD, even not as often as the left USB.

After saw this thread, now I believe that the fault is at my ROG laptop, not my HDD. even the newest type also have the some problem.

and ASUS still not giving any fix for this?